Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i read the marketing text, than the 2017 RR have:

trackfocused gear ratio (2nd to 6th shortened)
M50 Brembo
and lightweight marchesini wheels

if i compere the tech specification on kawasakis USA hompepage and on the german Kawa homepage, than i am suprised:

1. The simple R has exactly the same gear ratio in every gear
2. the simple R has the same M50 Brembo Calipper and same Brembo zylinder
3. even the weigth is the same 206 kg for both R and RR (only the simple R without ABS is 204 kg)

the gear ratio numbers i even controlled today in a service manual, i was shocked but all article number is the same for all gears in the simple R and also in RR

What is the TRUTH ????
thanks
Gabor

·
Registered
718 Posts
Wheels and material in the engine for extra strength and clearance for larger cams. The autoblip is enabled on the DR too, which can be turned on through the ecu in the R. Otherwise it's the same bike.

Edit.. oh and don't they come with the super corsa tires?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
How could the weight be the same while the marchesini wheels are much lighter and no backseat, no footpeg back ????
The RR should be lighter.....
Why do they promiss in the RR adds trackfocused gear ratio when the simple R has it also???

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks

How could the weight be the same while the marchesini wheels are much lighter and no backseat, no footpeg back ????

The RR should be lighter.....

Why do they promiss in the RR adds trackfocused gear ratio when the simple R has it also???

RR wheels are not lighter than the R wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks
suprised about the marchesini, is it really same weight?

i have the 2017 eurpean zx10RR.
Somewhere i read, if i change the sprocket, the RR ECU or IMU do not need an ecu flash, it is selfadjusting, is it true?
Is it even selfadjusting if i put a de-cat pipe and a Slipon on it? Or i must atliest remap?
GAbor

·
Registered
718 Posts
Sprockets dont need any changes. There are wheel speed sensors.

You can change exhaust withoit having to remap but it will help with power etc.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I believe the RR also has an adjustable swingarm pivot. A tuning tool that is very useful if you know what you're doing. Kinda like adjustable offset yokes. Very useful if you know what you're doing. Very dangerous if you don't.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe the RR also has an adjustable swingarm pivot. A tuning tool that is very useful if you know what you're doing. Kinda like adjustable offset yokes. Very useful if you know what you're doing. Very dangerous if you don't.
Are you shure? I never read this anywhere....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Possibly I'm wrong but I thought I recalled them offering that on the RR.. I BMW does and I think I noticed it on the new Suzuki.. I could be wrong
On the BMW its just the rear shock mount that can be changed that alters the ride height only. S1000rr and zx10 have different swingarm pivots that are offered in the racekit parts but not stock. Not sure why they changed it on the zx10 but newer models can't be flipped.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
On the BMW its just the rear shock mount that can be changed that alters the ride height only. S1000rr and zx10 have different swingarm pivots that are offered in the racekit parts but not stock. Not sure why they changed it on the zx10 but newer models can't be flipped.
OK Admittedly I'm not up to speed on this shit and should keep my mouth shut but with that said I know at one time the BMW did in fact offer an adjustable pivot so I done some investigating after reading this. Now for whatever reason it appears they no longer offer this but on the earlier models they did. Here's a link to Kyle Racing's offering for this. Memory tells me that BMW also offered a race kit style kit that had these offered at the dealer.. But here's the aftermarket offering for a couple of the earlier years. I'm not looking into this to be a dick just to be clear. I'm actually going back to assure myself I'm not recalling shit that's not true. And as I stated in the first post most people should NEVER screw with this since it's something that can get you out in left field.

Kyle Racing Swingarm Pivot Offset Insert BMW S1000RR 2010-2011

·
Registered
197 Posts
OK Admittedly I'm not up to speed on this shit and should keep my mouth shut but with that said I know at one time the BMW did in fact offer an adjustable pivot so I done some investigating after reading this. Now for whatever reason it appears they no longer offer this but on the earlier models they did. Here's a link to Kyle Racing's offering for this. Memory tells me that BMW also offered a race kit style kit that had these offered at the dealer.. But here's the aftermarket offering for a couple of the earlier years. I'm not looking into this to be a dick just to be clear. I'm actually going back to assure myself I'm not recalling shit that's not true. And as I stated in the first post most people should NEVER screw with this since it's something that can get you out in left field.

Kyle Racing Swingarm Pivot Offset Insert BMW S1000RR 2010-2011
I have both the s1000rr & zx10rr, both bikes have replaceable pivots but not "stock" parts that are adjustable without replacing with a aftermarket part. 2016 zx10 you could flip the "stock" pivot and change the offset.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I have both the s1000rr & zx10rr, both bikes have replaceable pivots but not "stock" parts that are adjustable without replacing with a aftermarket part. 2016 zx10 you could flip the "stock" pivot and change the offset.
All these adjustable pivots require replacing the eccentric offset slug just like adjustable triple trees do. On those early S1000's you could buy those little parts from the BMW dealer also. Kyle just got in on the game and offered his brand. I'm sure they were different in some way perhaps he offered more choices. Again 99.99999% of us mortal men will never get our chassis dialed in so perfect that a pivot change would even be noticed. I doubt the MotoGp mechanics even change that shit once they get it nailed into what works. Probably why most of those that offered it have stopped offering it. I haven't looked at an Aprilia in awhile but I wouldn't doubt they offer it since they are more a race bike manufacture that converted to a selling street bikes over the years. All that shit has got way beyond my ability to keep track of in my head. Eye sight isn't all you lose with old age.. Memory goes to Hell quick

1 - 18 of 18 Posts