Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 95% complete. have been working on it for nearly a year now, but have been accumulating parts for nearly three years..

This was no wrecked bike coversion.. i started off with a zx10r engine... then bought a frame, wire harness, ecu etc (thanks rdyln!) and other parts from several other awesome members on this forum! :thumbsup: you guys rock!!

and last but not the least, fabulous powder coating by blackpearl!!

As far as the mods goes..

Stock:
2004 zx10r frame , engine, tank, radiator, ecu

other stock parts..
Ducati monster handlebar

Ducati hypermotard subframe (modified), tail light, rear turn signals

Ducati 1098 turn signals (front)

third gen zx10r swingarm

second gen zx10r wheels, calipers and forks

zx14 rotors (front)

Buell 1125CR headlight assy

Akropovic stubby slipon exhaust

Speed triple radiator guard

Custom work:
About 25-30 custom brackets and chopped zx10r subframe modded to fit the hypermotard subframe to it!

I now it is not a look everybody goes for, but she is mine! and this is pretty close to what i had originally sketched up the bike to look like

yet to fire her up! running short on coolant I(and no bike dealership around is open on a sunday :dontknow:)

mods to come,

bar end mirrors
trim seat to lower it a little (sits way too high right now)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Meh if it works for you :dontknow:

I'd rather have a stock bike, or at least with minor mods, it doesn't seems to glue together.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
if you want my opinion...that is the fugliest fighter tail ive ever seen. its like you went backwards
:heyyou:as if the God awful thing u have on the back of urs is any better, it sticks up 47ft. Go do some more burnouts "idiot"

Op, possibly cut the seat back down to a regular size and filling in the resulting gap with the tail plastic

·
Registered
98 Posts
Regardless of whether or not it's my cup of tea; I applaud you for breaking out of the cookie cutter mold and being different.

Personally; I'd rather have an ugly (not saying yours is per say) bike that's different than the rest, than a sexy bike you pass 20 other ones on a single stretch of highway.

Originality is what makes life interesting IMO. Keep up the tweaks and she'll turn out just fine.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seeing that you're not after the trunk space, maybe make the tail (and the seat) shorter?
Trust me fellas I have tried every possible way to shorten the subframe. There is a lot of stuff that needs to fit in the trunk and this was the only way I could make them all fit. Short of fabricating a whole subframe from scratch.
Anyways this project is too far gone to turn back. The only trimming I can do is to shave off some foam to reduce the height of the seat.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
got my engine ice last night and gas, tried to fire her up, i think my battery might be drained.. i got her to sputter and fire up once or twice but it wouldnt idle for long. I have seen a few street fighter conversions done on here, and even spoke to a few about leaving the ram air tubes in or not, and most of them have them taken out, wondering if that is an issue? got the battery charged up, will try to fire it up again this evening. (keeping fingers crossed!)
Another question: since i have never owned a zx10r before, does the radiator fan come on everytime you turn on the ignition and then turn off? is that normal? Also my FI light seems to stay on.. wondering if my home made FI light eliminator isnt working!
suggestions people???

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Nice job, i do agree with others fix the seat and your good!!

Fan should not be coning on by turning key inless shes hot..
FI light depends on what u removed or didnt plug back up, or your elimanator isnt working..
I dont think those tubes eould cause problems starting but riding may b an issue

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
:heyyou:as if the God awful thing u have on the back of urs is any better, it sticks up 47ft. Go do some more burnouts "idiot"

Op, possibly cut the seat back down to a regular size and filling in the resulting gap with the tail plastic
:crackup::crackup: I think it looks like a lot of fun!! I REALLY think the seat is so ugly, but more power to ya man. I bet its fun!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
the seat has been trimmed since then, now if i can figure out why my fan keeps coming on.. going to check the temp sensor once i get home.. i suspect that might be the issue

Also considering making my own seat pan..

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
About 95% complete. have been working on it for nearly a year now, but have been accumulating parts for nearly three years..

This was no wrecked bike coversion.. i started off with a zx10r engine... then bought a frame, wire harness, ecu etc (thanks rdyln!) and other parts from several other awesome members on this forum! :thumbsup: you guys rock!!

and last but not the least, fabulous powder coating by blackpearl!!

As far as the mods goes..

Stock:
2004 zx10r frame , engine, tank, radiator, ecu

other stock parts..
Ducati monster handlebar

Ducati hypermotard subframe (modified), tail light, rear turn signals

Ducati 1098 turn signals (front)

third gen zx10r swingarm

second gen zx10r wheels, calipers and forks

zx14 rotors (front)

Buell 1125CR headlight assy

Akropovic stubby slipon exhaust

Speed triple radiator guard

Custom work:
About 25-30 custom brackets and chopped zx10r subframe modded to fit the hypermotard subframe to it!

I now it is not a look everybody goes for, but she is mine! and this is pretty close to what i had originally sketched up the bike to look like

yet to fire her up! running short on coolant I(and no bike dealership around is open on a sunday :dontknow:)

mods to come,

bar end mirrors
trim seat to lower it a little (sits way too high right now)

I mostly like it, a lot....You have a great bike there.

The wear on the center of the tires profile...though...That bike is so much more than that.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I mostly like it, a lot....You have a great bike there.

The wear on the center of the tires profile...though...That bike is so much more than that.
lol dont judge me by the wear on the tire,LOL!that is the tire that came with the wheel, i bought it off ebay like that! I am yet to ride this thing :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts