Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you all handle that voice in your head (or maybe its just me).

The one around 120+mph that says "if you fall or mess up your really gonna hurt/kill yourself"

Do you ignore it? Does it keep you in a reasonable speed bracket at times?

·
Registered
801 Posts
you should listen to the voice in your head (conscience). If 120 is as far as you feel comfortable then that should be it. ALWAYS ride within your limits

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have to be on a safe road before I'll take it over 100, but when I am, I full throttle it a lot!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
That little voice is a good thing. I wish mine was a little louder sometimes. If you get through doing something and you think, "Now that was really stupid" then you need to pay more attention to that little voice.

·
Registered
569 Posts
zeta xray said:
That little voice is a good thing. I wish mine was a little louder sometimes. If you get through doing something and you think, "Now that was really stupid" then you need to pay more attention to that little voice.
Agreed. I found increasing my skill (and hence my confidence) helped my little voice not be sucha baby (I'm big on safety)!

·
Registered
206 Posts
The speed doesn't hurt if you fall off, it's the sudden stop. Of course, those rolling fits can leave some bruises if you're not properly armored.

·
Registered
354 Posts
zeta xray said:
You should have told me this before we went riding today! My little voice is getting a little horse after the Copano ride! :oops:

·
Registered
571 Posts
NEK said:
The speed doesn't hurt if you fall off, it's the sudden stop. Of course, those rolling fits can leave some bruises if you're not properly armored.
Have you ever crashed at 100? I have and I walked away. But at those speeds, the forces applied to your body as you slow can rip your limbs off, i don't care how strong you are.

·
Registered
223 Posts
If you wanna go fast, just make sure you got the gear. Did a high speed (90mph+) departure at Infineon, rolled a long time, and got up. The bike was trashed, and so were the leathers. But I was at the Kawi dealer a week later, and got my baby. But I sure was sore for a week.

·
Registered
571 Posts
CowTownZX-10R said:
If you wanna go fast, just make sure you got the gear. Did a high speed (90mph+) departure at Infineon, rolled a long time, and got up. The bike was trashed, and so were the leathers. But I was at the Kawi dealer a week later, and got my baby. But I sure was sore for a week.
Trackday, or race? Which turn?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had a nasty high-side running in the upper 80's (who pays attention to that speedometer anyways). And as I previously stated, it wouldn't have hurt all that bad if I hadn't beat myself up doing all that damn tumbling. I've had low sides in the sixties, managing to stand up before I even stop completely. Of course, my main point was; if you're going to ride on the street like an idiot, you're going to get hurt like an idiot. There's never a slide off area on the street, and there usually is the possibility of oncoming traffic or those painful stationary gaurd rails.

·
Registered
223 Posts
lucifer said:
CowTownZX-10R said:
Trackday, or race? Which turn?
Track day and it was right after turn 10. I was trying just a little too hard. Trying to keep up with the GSXR1000's on a VFR. Carried too much speed, and found a out that painted rumble strips don't have much traction when wet.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,056 Posts
My little voice says "Do you have any idea how long your wife is going to let you rot in the county jail before shes posts bail if THE MAN catches you going this fast?"

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Sometimes you gotta talk back to the voices...or atleast a few of them. Afterall, a good line of communication is what ALL good relationships need.

On the other hand, at what point do you consider the voice(s) to be a nag?

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
By the time I hear the voice I only have one thing to pay attention to and that is my riding!

·
Just trolling
2,618 Posts
My little voice says "Do you have any idea how long your wife is going to let you rot in the county jail before shes posts bail if THE MAN catches you going this fast?"
My voice just says "you'll be going to work by bus for a while if they catch you"
i think we got the same people talking to us:headshake:badteeth::lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts