Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can plugs make more power? I changed plugs at 11,000 mls.
And changed from factory plugs to Iridium. Seem's to pull harder!!!!!
First Gen 04 ZX-10R........

OUT TO LUNCH.... BACK IN 10.....

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
WEll having fresh plugs always makes a motor run stronger. As far as gains?? Probably 1hp i would say.

·
Registered
620 Posts
It's possible, if the plugs were worn out. Of course the motor would probably have been running like crap. IMO the "feel" of horse power is subjective. Is it really faster or just seem faster in your mind because you put in a performance part? That's why I like to see hard numbers. Only a dyno can tell.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think plugs can make a difference. I know they can conrtribute to an engine running smoother and with better effeciency. I use the Brisk AOR 10 LGS. Yes, I took out the iridium plugs that came stock and put the Brisks in. I know for a fact that it idles more smooth, indicated and comfirmed by the tachometer and my CPU using the Powercommander software. Here are a few of thier selling points:

completely new spark gap shape

higher output

better acceleration

better utilisation of fuel energy

spark gap protruding extremely deep into the combustion chamber

maximally long sliding spark (almost 3 mm)

integrated ground electrode improving heat removal from the active part of the spark plug and ensuring optimal function

Ionisation and flashover occurs automatically at a point with an optimal composition of the fuel/air mixture. The spark gap is not shielded by the ground electrode, and the mixture can flow to it without limitation. Better ignition of the mixture and thus higher speed of combustion, faster flame spread, especially at the beginning of burning, results in better utilisation of fuel energy. Subsequent increase in the effective mean pressure in the engine cylinder and equalisation of the values of effective mean pressures in individual working cycles contributes to the increase in the engine output.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess a tune up would bring back new life. Reminds me when I first road it coming from
a 2000 R6 to the 04 zx-10r man was it stronge. It's a beautiful thing... still a bad ass
in 08.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts