Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will it be okay if I used cr9ek spark plugs in my 05 10 I brought them for my twelve before I sold it

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
they should fit they have a smaller gap 12R .032 vs 10R .036. Not sure if or how that would affect performance but they should fit. Really that aren't that expensive and you don't have to change them that often just get the proper ones. You might be able to exchange them if they're new.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
You might be able to exchange them if they're new.
This is probably true actually. Would be worth giving it a shot. :+1: to JLG though, Id just get the ones that are supposed to go into it.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
sorry I'm on crack I don't know where I came up with the 12R. the cr9ek is multi vs single tip as far as I know. The gap is now quite a bit smaller at .028. I wouldn't use them. They would still probably fit though as the profile would most likely be quite shorter.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
i would just stick with the oem plug NGKCR9EI its only couple of bucks more but last alot longer... you can get them at advance auto part stores around 5 bucks a plug.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Don't do it...your bike came with your specific size for a reason...exchange em, or wait till you can buy the correct size...or you can just do it, and let us all know how it works out for you...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
plugs

Just gonna get the proper ones this week because putting them in looks to be a hellva job! Thanks fellas

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Just gonna get the proper ones this week because putting them in looks to be a hellva job! Thanks fellas
Yea, having to take the frame mounts out sucks. You have to get the right tool combination going to easily remove/install the frame mounts and plugs...GL :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I am running cr9ek plugs and loving them, you just have to pull them out once a year and clean the threads that is in the combustion chamber, that's about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts