Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I have about 10,000 miles on bike, and decided to change my plugs, bike runs great but.. Anyway, my dealer wants about 180.00 plus the plugs at 12.00 a peice. WOO!! Alot of money. I Know you can get three of the plugs out easy and the one is the bitch, but I think I am going to try. I have my bike tore down right now, I am checking all bolts for tightness and cleaning and lubricating everything needed. Is there any special tool needed to remove engine mount to raise up to remove plug? Should this be torqued? I kinow it says too but don't have a torque wrench, can get if neded to ssave 180.00 Thanks for any info. I am a decent "mechanic". Can read and if I take it apart I can surely get it back together. 2.) Should I just let dealer do it?

Peace :cool:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
No special tools, just a 6mm allen wrench, or better yet socket. If you work it just right, you can get the stick coils out without removing them though. But it doesn't take long. $180 is ridiculous. -Dean

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
No special tools, just a 6mm allen wrench, or better yet socket. If you work it just right, you can get the stick coils out without removing them though. But it doesn't take long. $180 is ridiculous. -Dean
:+1: from what I read on this site the 2nd Gen 10Rs are not even close to being as hard to remove the spark plugs as the 1st Gen 10rs. :headshake find a new dealer or do it yourself.

·
Registered
107 Posts
$180 is too much, should not be more than 1 to 1 1/2 hours of labor at most. He's right you can get them out if you hold your mouth just right.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
did you loosen the side engine mounts if you remove that mount that sits flush on the frame underneath it gave me just enough clearance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts