Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How in the world did you guys get the upper bracket bolts off for 1 and 4. I have tried sockets (won't fit), universals with sockets (no torque), open end, boxed in, racheting wrenches(starts to strip bolt). I have no clue how to get them off. Tighter than heck.

·
Registered
500 Posts
i cant remember but theere is a step by step instruction someone posted on here that helped me out when i did mine, i just dont know how to find it

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I ened up using a combination of open end wrenches, but ithink I broke the torque on the one PITA one on the left side, with a 1/4 extension,(long) universal, and shallow well 1/4" drive socket, it was barely enough to break the torque before the universal broke.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well crap the left one is the one im working and you are saying its easy lol...maybe I can go find some shallow sockets at lowes.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Long open end wrench, remove the two bolts and just loosen the front bolt and slide mount out of your way. I think I used a 3/8 ratchet on the two bolts, then turned by hand.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ymmaax the long open ends did it ty now to adjust some valves and raplace some plugs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts