Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why in the FUZZNUGGIT doesn't kawi include spanner wrenches in the tool kit for the rear shock spring adjuster? My 6R didn't have 'em, and the 10R doesn't either. My Honda and Yamaha buddies find this quite humorous.... :headshake

Anyone know where I can get a set at a decent price?? The "bang it with the screwdriver thing works", but is not so good on the collars.... :eyecrazy:

D

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
yea but the zx's need a offset one. the fuggin swing arm is in the way....?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
If you want some fun. Go to your local dealer and ask how much the price for the Kawasaki shock spanner is? When I found out the price I used a pair of pliers with hooked tips.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I am not sure about that one, but I use the adjustable ones and I think they are a little better. They are more expensive though.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
BigDally said:
Why in the FUZZNUGGIT doesn't kawi include spanner wrenches in the tool kit for the rear shock spring adjuster? My 6R didn't have 'em, and the 10R doesn't either. My Honda and Yamaha buddies find this quite humorous.... :headshake

Anyone know where I can get a set at a decent price?? The "bang it with the screwdriver thing works", but is not so good on the collars.... :eyecrazy:

D
Because it would have to be a good $$ one. :dontknow:
I used a cheap one that came with another bike to adjust mine- what a pain, chewed up tool and ring but got it done.
Not a simple ramp adjuster like bikes used to have- cheap tool adjusts those fine.

Good tools are usually pricey- Kawi "oem" tool is probably a Kowa tool.
http://www.kowatools.com/

http://www.kowatools.com/cgi-bin/mi...&Store_Code=AKS2000&Category_Code=SPEC+WRENCH

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, whatever you do don't get PN 6975A16, they are too small! I contacted McMaster-Carr, but they don't know what size spanners I need, and told me to just return for a refund.

Can anyone confirm what size one should get? Right now, it looks like Kawi posts the radii sizes, not dia. So I'm thinking I should have ordered 6975A21 or 6975A22.

Thanks,
D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts