Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to tighten my front end and i can't find a spanner wrench. Does anyone know where i can buy one at. Help! :eyecrazy:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
rocketracermike said:
I need to tighten my front end and i can't find a spanner wrench. Does anyone know where i can buy one at. Help! :eyecrazy:
I would get the part # the manual recomends and get a discout on that tool from Ron Ayers, should be close to any place else you buy from for an equivalent tool and It will be the tool alot of kawi mechanics probably use anyway which should get the job done. :idea:

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bluedevil. I been to a lot of places here and i can't find one.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That will do the job. I bought a wrench from bike rider and it said it is made for kawasaki. I take everything apart and the darn wrench don't fit. 40 bucks wasted. Thanks BD for the info.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
rocketracermike said:
Thanks Bluedevil. I been to a lot of places here and i can't find one.
Yeah, then there are other advantages buying the recommeded tool from the manaul in some cases, for example....I had in my tool box an old VFR Valve adjustment tool that was sitting for ever(maybe 8yrs) and when I listed it resently on Ebay with the OEM part # is sold within the week and got almost the same money I bought it for originally. Alot of people do like I do and just buy from OEM discount distributors and buy the tool the Manual calls for, and the best part about that it doesn't loose as much vaule as something that is equivalent in alot of cases. That was just one example but have sold some other OEM tools easiely for my old ZX9R, like the special fork tools to replace the Seals. Not saying you should do this in every case because sometimes it's not worth getting an OEM tool, just saying it does have it's advantages :thumbsup: :beer:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went with ronayers. I need a few other things to. I didn't think about ronayers. Thank guys for the info.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I also need the spanner wrench and was going to oder the Kowa over the Kawasaki OWM wrench since a member on this board ordered the Kawasaki spanner for the steering stem and said it looked flimsy. Another order the Kowa and said it was great. So what's the deal? I wouldn't mind saving a few $ going with the Kawasaki wrench. It is time for the Brenbo MC and some new brake pads so more $ saved can go towards that project. Then maybe I can finally get a slip-on at some point even though the stock exhaust doesn't sound too bad.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I'm not so sure how dumb this sounds, but wouldn't it make sense to buy a spanner and share it out for a small fee?

I think my nut's lose too? :badteeth:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have the Kowa and am impressed with its quality. (I am a sucker for buying quality tools....... I just can't say no to buying new tools)

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
swjohnsey said:
Bubba would use a big ass screwdriver and a big ass hammer. I'm with Bubba.

I would use bubba tools except there a pin keeping the top ring from moving. Trust me. i thought about it. :lol:

·
Registered
175 Posts
This is the one we need?

(D) Adjustable Head— Hook Style For Circle Dia.

1 1/4" to 3" 31.75 to 76 13/32" 5/32" 8 1/8" 5471A12 $18.08

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
cyclops24 said:
This is the one we need?
(D) Adjustable Head— Hook Style For Circle Dia.
1 1/4" to 3" 31.75 to 76 13/32" 5/32" 8 1/8" 5471A12 $18.08
Hoping so, cause I just ordered it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
945 Posts
i guess im going back to the "bubba" solution sort of but i use a craftsman oil filter wrench, works like a charm

1 - 20 of 24 Posts