Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of us are getting together on Sunday to go hit the canyon. May do Ortega or depending on who wants to go we may ride down and go check out Palomar. Who's down?

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i am, and so is my buddy (09 repsol). what time and where do ya want to meet up?

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
ill ask him, normally we ride palomar, but last week was my first time at ortega and i loved it. its a real nice road if there isnt too much traffic. maybe we can all stop for lunch at hells kitchen? ill get back to ya, put the word out so more of us can meet up!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill ask him, normally we ride palomar, but last week was my first time at ortega and i loved it. its a real nice road if there isnt too much traffic. maybe we can all stop for lunch at hells kitchen? ill get back to ya, put the word out so more of us can meet up!
I've never stopped at Hell's Kitchen but when you get to the end of Ortega (or beginning depending where you start) by the lake, there is this little burger joint that has the tastiest burgers. It looks like a hole in the wall but its good.

My neighbor is the one who asked me to ride on Sunday, he's taking some people too. I have to do it early because were taking my mother-in-law to brunch for her Bday around noon. I just wanna go tear shit up with my new Corsa 3's. hahaha.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Hells kitchen has bad ass food (you just have to find a spot to park amongst the sea of HD's) Ill talk to my boy and see if he wants to ride early, im thinking about 9am at the beginning of ortega on the lake side. are you and your buddies wearing full leathers?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hells kitchen has bad ass food (you just have to find a spot to park amongst the sea of HD's) Ill talk to my boy and see if he wants to ride early, im thinking about 9am at the beginning of ortega on the lake side. are you and your buddies wearing full leathers?
Dont even get me started on those Harleys...

Full leathers... depends on the time we go out there. If I go really early, Im suited up because you can be knee dragging through most of those turns. If it's later in the day I don't even bother with the pants because of all the cars and HDs. It's still a fun ride, just a lot slower, no chance to use the knees.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
we are leaving to go to ortega at 10 from temecula, hope to see you out there. i will be on a green 08 and ill be with an 09 repsol and an 09 zx14

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,372 Posts
Do you guys ever hit up LA county rides? Like Mulholland and it's surround canyons, or Little Tugunja to Bouquet Canyon?

Let me know if you do, I know all the spots and where to eat at too.

-Sean

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
just got back from ortega, it was nice this morning. there wasnt too much traffic and the weather was perfect.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
just got back from ortega, it was nice this morning. there wasnt too much traffic and the weather was perfect.
:thumbsup: Who showed up from the site?

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
nobody that i saw. we were up there for about 2 hours and i saw a few 6r's but no 10r's. I was with 6 other friends though so i had a great ride

·
Registered
289 Posts
This would have been fun. Any chance of getting another ride together. I really want to go hit up Ortega and have lunch at Hells Kitchen. If I plan it ahead of time I can roll out with a few friends. A Saturday would be perfect. This Saturday?! Sunday is monthers day so Saturday would be perfect. I'm in!

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Where are you guys? I am in Irvine but my bikes are in Santa Barbara at my friend's place. I am bringing her down this Saturday to Irvine as my commuter.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Where are you guys? I am in Irvine but my bikes are in Santa Barbara at my friend's place. I am bringing her down this Saturday to Irvine as my commuter.
I'm in the SGV area. IE as well. Got a few friends who still ride in all areas.
Man I went on some old sites I used to go on and they are all abandoned. Socalbikenight.com SocalRPM.com sportbikenews.com all dead. :dontknow:

·
Registered
289 Posts
I went to Ortega today. Put about 200 miles on her today.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Does anyone know the website of those guys taking pix at ortega??

·
Registered
795 Posts
.... they are all abandoned. Socalbikenight.com SocalRPM.com sportbikenews.com all dead. :dontknow:
Yup!! I think the most active is socalmoto.org. southwestsportbikes.net has some activity, but it has always been, for the most part, a small bunch of San Diego riders.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts