Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everybody? Got a problem. I have a scorpion slip-on and it sounds like crap. Its not the sound that I am looking for and to be real, it does not give me the volume that a D&D or Muzzy puts out. It came with the bike so let me know what you guys think. peace and unity

·
Registered
474 Posts
Have you disconnected the cables from the exhaust servo?

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Try cuttin the can down a few inches - that will give it some sound.

·
Registered
474 Posts
If you look at your exhaust in front of the slip on is the mid pipe.See the two cables going to the valve on it.That valve opens and closes mainly to quite down the exhaust so it will pass DB regulations.You can disable it in the open position.
Take off rear seat and front seat.See the servo motor with the two cables going to it?The cables are attached to a wheel.Take the center bolt out of the wheel.Remove wheel,take both cables out of the wheel.Reinstall wheel.That's it Cables are fine right were there at.You have disabled exhaust servo.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I got scorpion bolt ons also on my 06 and am not happy with the sound but i just gutted my catbut havent re-installed yet and ive had the valve disconnected since i got the bike. Im thinkin bout going with a s/o instead of duals but i dunno

1 - 6 of 6 Posts