Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i dont know much about Soumy helmets, bt i run in this deal, guy asking $400 for the helmet and chatter box x2, am only real interested on the chatter but i heard these are rel good helmets, what did you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've got 2 Suomy Spec 1R Extremes... they are noisier than my X-11's, my Arai Corsairs and my Shark, but the extra ventilation is good for track days and the hot summer. They seem to fit a tad on the small size, but smaller cheek pads can resolve that issue.

·
Banned
1,052 Posts
Personally, I would never buy a used helmet no matter what condition it's in. I don't want to put my head in the same helmet some other guy has spent hours sweating in.

Buy the Chatterbox somewhere else.:wink:

·
Registered
595 Posts
nathanw said:
Personally, I would never buy a used helmet no matter what condition it's in. I don't want to put my head in the same helmet some other guy has spent hours sweating in.

:+1:

Besides I think that is an old helmet. Not sure when they had that design, but I am thinking it is pretty old. Two things I do not do. Use old helmets or ones that I know someone elses head has been in. And yes they are a tad on the loud side (wind noise)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
nathanw said:

Shampoo and warm water once a month during summer. So if you're in Florida that would mean every month, lol

·
Registered
840 Posts
I have a Spec 1R and really like it. The shield won't fog and the interior is pretty nice too, not quite as good as my Arai but close. There are places you can send the helmet to be checked to make sure it's still crash worthy too.

·
Registered
591 Posts
and don't even think about changing out hte visor. it's about a 4.5 hour process.

i personally don't care for suomy's. they never fit me right. and yes, that is an older model.

i think for $400 you could get a much better, much newer helmet. imho

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I like my Suomy extreme helmet this is my second Suomy, they fit tight and snug. Looks like Spec 1 they should removable and replaceable washable liners. Just .02 hows the condition of it (never dropped?).

·
Banned
1,052 Posts
conspiracy said:
Shampoo and warm water once a month during summer. So if you're in Florida that would mean every month, lol

The problem is there's no way of knowing how the previous owner cared for it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I say no due to Suomy's are nice but not like Arai's. I would get the chatter box somewhere else and then get an Arai or Shoei.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys i make him a offer on the chatter box only, will see if he sell it seperatly :thumbsup:

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Been wearing Suomy's since 03 and love em. To each their own I guess. I would never buy a used helmet tho...

I have 3 gunwinds and they fit me better than anything else ever has. I've tried about everything on the market. KBC's are nice helmets for the $$$ too.

·
I bleed Green!
2,612 Posts
trackaddict said:
Been wearing Suomy's since 03 and love em. To each their own I guess. I would never buy a used helmet tho...

I have 3 gunwinds and they fit me better than anything else ever has. I've tried about everything on the market. KBC's are nice helmets for the $$$ too.
:+1:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts