Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im 15 stone or so, 6ft...

thass 96kg, or 210pounds or so...

its a 2004 ZX10R... stock shock (yeah yeah i know, the stock one needs work usually)

mainly road riding, spirited commuting, most weekends tan around, and the odd track day... nowt major..

so, anyone got any comparable suspension settings they could share that wont have me bounced out of the seat like is currently happening...

·
Registered
495 Posts
im 15 stone or so, 6ft...

thass 96kg, or 210pounds or so...

its a 2004 ZX10R... stock shock (yeah yeah i know, the stock one needs work usually)

mainly road riding, spirited commuting, most weekends tan around, and the odd track day... nowt major..

so, anyone got any comparable suspension settings they could share that wont have me bounced out of the seat like is currently happening...
Your bouncing because your srping is way too light for your weight. You need a stiffer spring but you could make it better by adjusting the spring, I wouldnt adjust it all the way stiff. Do a search for "setting sags" and you should find a bunch of threads on spring preload and how too's. As far as the rebound and comp. you should adjust those after the spring. Comp. just start in the middle and add 1 click at a time and ride, it will take alot of playing around with both to get them right. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts