Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just go some goodies, Vortex front and rear sprockets and rk chain. As im trying to get the front off the fuckin bike falls off the stand and the gas tank hits my table leg. Trash. Arrgh:badteeth: :bs:
:iamwithst

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Bummer, how bad is it? Could you putty it and repaint?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Thats sucks man hopefully it can be fixed fairly easy. Shit like this happens to the best of us.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it is a Vortex rear, but it was my fault i was really tugging on it.

I'll have to get the tank pulled with a weld on stud puller. I already used a paint marker so it doesn't rust

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Not too bad you will get it fixed up,

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
sorry to see that, were is the dent ca'nt really tell in the pic and btw I've got a stud welder

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the dent is as far away and to the right if your sitting on the bike. Its a dull black in the pic.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
You said you were really tuggin on it, what were you tugging on? chain removal should be quick and simple when using a rivet/press tool.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think it creased it, as far as the stud welder thanks but ill take it to the body shop.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
You said you were really tuggin on it, what were you tugging on? chain removal should be quick and simple when using a rivet/press tool.
yes...lets figure out what you where doing wrong in the first place :heyyou::+1::dontknow:

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
He said he was getting the front off, talking about the countershaft sprocket.
The cs sprocket can be a bitch, my guess is he basically lifted the bike off the stand while trying to break loose the cs sprocket.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
bummer dude, i am so careful when doing that because of the stories ive read on this site.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I don't think it creased it, as far as the stud welder thanks but ill take it to the body shop.
LOL...Trey is a body shop, or are you just trying to not take advantage of his kindness?

He has the skills.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Probably still worth it.
I rode up to Orlando and back in a day from Miami just to hang out and see the Art of the Motorcycle but you could probably ship it and get it back sooner than some shops will get it done.

Just sayin' but if money is no prob and you have a shop you trust then that is good too.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts