Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm buying a 2008 ZX-10 when I get back from deployment here in a few weeks or so and I can't wait to be back on two wheels. I had a ZX-6 previously and absolutely loved the bike.

The bike I'm buying has a full M4 exhaust (headers mid-pipe and muffler) thinner head gasket for more compression, ported head for better air flow, power comander 5 to manage the fuel, 520 chain and sprockets (-1 front, 0 rear).

Everything makes sense to me except the sprocket part. What is the benefit of having a -1?

Anyways, I can't wait to own this beast and I look forward to being part of the community again!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Welcome! I would be sketched out to buy a bike that has been fiddled with like that. Hopefully you are very familiar with the seller.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! I would be sketched out to buy a bike that has been fiddled with like that. Hopefully you are very familiar with the seller.
So the guy who owns the bike has his own motorcycle shop in the town near where I live. He has been racing bikes and such for a long time and does mechanic work there at the store. Very reputable guy from multiple people who have bought off of him. Not too worried about it.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Maybe he liked the rear sprocket but wanted the same effect of moving + on the rear, so he opted to go - on the front.

Congrats on the 3rd gen choice, 3rd gen is the best 10 IMO.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Only issue i have had is popping the tubes in the tires, im 260lbs so I cant jump it, other than that its a little fun beast.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts