Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am guessing most of you have melted your OEM Dunlops already. Wanted to get your input on a good replacement tire. I do mostly backroad riding. No draggin' or anything.
What do you have? Michelin sport pilot's any good?
Yall hollar back now, ya hear!
:pottytrai

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
i thought you guys were gonna talk about the other kind of rubbers

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Lifestyles are a little snug but they have better feel than others (trojan & durex)
Durex are the absolute worst, they offer no feel and just suck.
Trojans are the most advertised but are not great IMO...I have had more Lifestyles break than other, but when you get better feel why wouldn't you risk it?

Bike tires, I would use any of the ones Slava listed.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Don't need no stinkin rubbers cuz it be like takin a shower with a rain coat. :badteeth:

Now on topic: Diablo Corsas, M1's, Pilot Powers.

BD

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like the lifestyle huh Bninja? Lol
I was gonna go with the Michelin, cause they look cool.
Anybody have these on?
How do you like them?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Flatout, what's the best shipped price youve got on the Michelins (rear only)?
I have not been able to best 145 shipped (in the state).(FL)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool, I have heard great things about the corsas. When you say, let them cool, does that mean if I am out all day throught the twisties they will get loose?

·
Registered
108 Posts
No, you won't be riding hard enough (or at least you shouldn't!) through the twisties for that to happen.
A friend has used them for the occasional track day and finds that after a few laps of hard riding they tend to become less predictable than a set of Supercorsas for example.
I really do think they are an excellent choice for fast street riding; I have tried (on other bikes) Michelin Pilot Sports, Dunlop 218s and Bstones BT12s and my choice is definitely the Diablo Corsas. However I do want to try a set of Supercorsas later in the year when temperature climbs back up.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Got the SC2 front and Road (not SC3) on the rear, of my 12R. Outstanding set up! No sliding or slipping with all the torque. For the 10R just put the Powers on it and with only 200 miles there is on a 1/4 chicken strips. Some riders may think that is not good enough but I am not the best rider on this board by no means. I still don't think the tires are broke in (to my standards yet) so I don't feel real cummfy taking it to the limits yet. All of the above tires are excelent choices. I wanted to try out the powers and I will only use the two mentioned above on the 10R in the future.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Maybe I am saying this for no reason, however the SC2 is a race compound Supercorsa and the Road is a Street compound Supercorsa not the durable race compound.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I didn't like the 218's too much:

I melted them pretty quick(like 1800mi for this rear), I've been using the 208ZR's since. I like them. A lot of the guys on here don't, but for me they're predictable as I have tons of miles on them with different bikes. I guess I'll have to break down and try something else this summer though cause the 10 seems to eat the rears in about 2k miles with me at the throttle :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
ok, how bout for a 180/55 shipped to CA(93722)?
or actually I'd take a pair of Powers, 180/55 and 120 front.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've used the pilot sports and absolutely loved them, as soon as i get these dunlops burnt off, i'm going to powers for sure

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Oh by the way Slava is the way to go for the powers....Found the lowest price and he beat it and beat the shipping too, and was at my door in three days. Thanks again Slava....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts