Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Super jealous, it's not fair!!:rant:

But they shooore are puuuurtyyy!!! :love10:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thinkin the KRT...although the Matte Black is all set up for track already..the only thing missing is better tires, I ran the Dunlop Q3s and they worked good,,,but as I was learning the track and my lap times dropped , there was more sliding and less grippin where Id like,,altho predictable, I want something better :) Love this bike....ALOT !! I think anyone who retired in 96 and then hopped on one of these new Generation bikes would be instantly in love how well it handles...accelerates,,,and stops :)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Saweet man. Congrats, I knew you'd love this bike! It's funny when somebody says "yeah I had a '97 fzr 1000 I totally know how fast a 1000 is" or something to this effect and I just think wow you have no clue

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wow. Congrats mwasse. incredible to see you get two of these. Cant wait to see which of the two gets prepped for the track.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Lmao nice guys. Shit, I wish I had the money ti afford a dedicated track bike. Those things are awesome.

·
The Pace
7,048 Posts
Keep both for street; do not have a dedicated tracker. Waste of bike. Metzler rr 55 on back and the bridgestone rs10 G on the front and run vortex sprocket with that rr on rear. The rr stops the spin but rips up the cheapo sprockets. And if you've been out since whatever ease into the bike; should be easy.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Waste of bike ? I must not be getting yer point. I bought a 2nd bike to set up more specifically for the track. I had such a blast on the black one out there...was turning some pretty decent lap times..was pushing the Q3s past their point of comfortable slide, they got greasy...I want to run better tires, I like the front end..may throw a rear shock on...I want a track bike..I will start racing again. It was a huge part of my life in my 20s and what an amazing life high it is. So I struggle to see your opinion of do not have a dedicated track bike...

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Awesome! I did the same thing in 04-05. Turned my 04 into a full time track bike and bought an 05 for street.

Attachments

Reactions: mwasse
1 - 20 of 21 Posts