Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Pace
7,315 Posts
520 chain size; when you clean the chain, any tight spots noticed when you clean the chain/ 520 would wear fast if prior rode hard. And, looks on tight side, but that's probably from you trying to sort then taking pics.

·
The Pace
7,315 Posts
Yeah it was mad loose before I started f'ing with it (2.25"). I've been looking for a 520 oem similar setup without paying oem prices. I found some posts last night on here on the did 525 zvmx but couldn't really find a site with them available in the short time I searched. I plan to invest some time this weekend in solving this issue. Especially since I stripped a side of the chain block nut and it's just sitting in the garage since sunday.
First, CHECK chain for tight spots. Do this with bike on stands. With rear up, left hand with wd 40 on cloth wrapped around chain, slowly spin the rear tire while gently gripping chain with cloth running the chain through. If all smooth, no 'bumps' then chain is good.

I bumps, that's tight spots, chain should be replaced. you have the 520 set up so that means you have 520 sprockets, MEANING have to stay 520 chain. Or you have to change out everything to 525.

You stripped the chain adjustor bolt? Hate to ask how the hell that happened. The bold stripped or the frame hole or what?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts