Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Not really sure what you're trying to describe here, did you check the front and rear sprocket and the alignment? That looks pretty normal what is occurring in the video as its on a stand.

Interesting re the chain slack to me that looks too tight but thats a guessimation.

Rear axle that doesnt really matter for 2016+ they just reversed the side they put the axle through no difference in affect as its just a rail for everything to sit on and is the same diameter all the way through.

only other thing to check might be the hub on the rear wheel?

·
Registered
867 Posts
one thing i forgot to mention is make sure the axle block adjusters are aligned to the same marks on both sides so the wheel / axle / sprocket are straight

·
Registered
867 Posts
Ah yeah those supersprox are the Ali centre riveted to a steel outter, I wonder if there is any free play in the rivets as that could make a weird sound

·
Registered
867 Posts
Only other thing would be to turn bike on with chain not on front sprocket, so just front sprocket bare and see if it makes a sound when spinning. Could mean something internal like a mashed gear idk but I doubt it. That's really the only other thing, btw does the sound, sound similar to the cam chain tensioner on the right side of engine?

·
Registered
867 Posts
I doesn't. It literally sounds like the front sprocket nut is loose and the sprocket is in there with an empty coke can full of pennies. I'm exaggerating of course but it's loud enough to make me want it to stop. I'm not above saying it's me looking too much into stuff but I just wouldn't expect this kind of noise on a bike with 6k on the clock. The mechanic is a trusted one around here and she said it's that loud because the dampening equipment is not there. Going to order the vortex steel front and back and an RK 525 z3d. If it's still there, maybe I'll just order and re-install the dampeners. Been on gsxr's for over 11 years and this noise is foreign to me. Not believing it's just aftermarket parts, non-quality or quality parts.
Video of said noise? Highly doubt a front sprocket is going to make a noise loud enough given its fixed in place, either the chain is munching the swingarm if there is no plastic guide, or it's something internal given all the internal gears run along the same axis as the front sprocket, that plus internal is the only place that has actual movement of the gears and dogs etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts