Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lately on the board we have had several members post pictures of their "Modifications" or "Upgrades". Posting pictures of your stuff opens you up to opinionated responses from what I have come to theroize are two types of members. Those that will compliment and praise no matter what just to avoid hurting said posters feeligs. Then the other camp those that post what they feel and truely believe. Hurtful or not its a opinion!
THe second type of member more often than not gets thrown over the coals as a hater or flame artist for posting their opinion.

:diablo_an

What am I getting at here? If you get your feelings hurt and expect to get 100% praise for your work and creativity...............don't post your shit!
There are always gonna be some members that do not like your stuff. Even my bikes have got flamed away from time to time. If you do not have tuff enough skin to take the persecution with the praise. I do not want to see your shit!
:thefinger

Sorry for the rant I just have seen this quite a bit lately, it started with that green blue and white, spiked, neoned mostrosity and has progressivly been conscistent. Opinions are like assholes.........:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
778 Posts
Lately on the board we have had several members post pictures of their "Modifications" or "Upgrades". Posting pictures of your stuff opens you up to opinionated responses from what I have come to theroize are two types of members. Those that will compliment and praise no matter what just to avoid hurting said posters feeligs. Then the other camp those that post what they feel and truely believe. Hurtful or not its a opinion!
THe second type of member more often than not gets thrown over the coals as a hater or flame artist for posting their opinion.

What am I getting at here? If you get your feelings hurt and expect to get 100% praise for your work and creativity...............don't post your shit!
There are always gonna be some members that do not like your stuff. Even my bikes have got flamed away from time to time. If you do not have tuff enough skin to take the persecution with the praise. I do not want to see your shit!

Sorry for the rant I just have seen this quite a bit lately, it started with that green blue and white, spiked, neoned mostrosity and has progressivly been conscistent. Opinions are like assholes.........:eek:ccasion1
:iamwithst amen very well put rep sent

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
16.5" front rim with a slick on the street:heyyou:
Exactly my point, I took shit for that and never cried and took my ball home:thumbsup: If I post pics of mods or upgrades I do it fully expecting bad with the good. And believe it or not I have changed stuff based on negative response. (The 16.5 mags stay though, too expensive not to stick with:crackup:)

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
I have been flamed a time or too and learned from it the hard way:lol:but I give props when deserved and get some as well so its all good. I agree do'nt have thin skin when posting:thumbsup:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I"ve said this before, the only way people will ridicule another person's bike is from the safety of their keyboard.(im guilty of it)I guess thats the nature of the internet.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Taken from another thread;

Ill share something i've found to be consistently true about messageboards.For reasons unknown, when certain people hate on other bikes/style/gear, they due so from the safety of their keyboard.Obviously noone will go up to another rider they've never met and begin the convo with, "you're a squid/your bikes gay/lowering sucks", whatever.

The interwebz provide a platform for people to live outside of who they actually are.

That being said, just ignore the bad and appreciate the good.If you need help with anything on your bike, and I mean anything, these dudes will provide more insight than probably 90% of motorcycle mechanics.Thats why I come here, cause as a collective whole, there is no better zx-10r website.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I hear what you're saying but more often then not I just hold my tongue is somebody's ride looks like ass or they do something choochy. That said it wouldn't hurt my vagina if somebody didn't like my mods and expressed it.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
well my opinion on this topic is your full of :shit:
my opinion is the only one that matters. to me.
but seriously if someone post up something personal about their bikes or lives, just know that not everybody has your perspective. its a part of individuality.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
This is a FORUM site, if you cant handle peoples opinions when posting up pictures ect, deal with it, your the one that did it so blame your self....I will say its the net so some members need to grow some balls and handle what people say, your the one asking for opinions and feedback so when you get something you dont like deal with it. Its not like we all think a like you know...But thats my .02 cent cause it gets old hearing people bitch ect.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I guess in a perfect world, people would make evaluative comments on a messageboard the same way they would in person.

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
taken from another thread;

ill share something i've found to be consistently true about messageboards.for reasons unknown, when certain people hate on other bikes/style/gear, they due so from the safety of their keyboard.obviously noone will go up to another rider they've never met and begin the convo with, "you're a squid/your bikes gay/lowering sucks", whatever.

The interwebz provide a platform for people to live outside of who they actually are.

That being said, just ignore the bad and appreciate the good.if you need help with anything on your bike, and i mean anything, these dudes will provide more insight than probably 90% of motorcycle mechanics.thats why i come here, cause as a collective whole, there is no better zx-10r website.
:+1:00,000,000

·
Damn I'm Getting Old
995 Posts
There are perfectly civil ways to say you don't care for something without bashing the poster. Try posting a response worded the say way you would say it to the person face to face.

If you act like an a$$, you should be treated like an a$$.

Remember, these are fellow forum members you are speaking to. The same people you flame in one post may have tried to help you out in another.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
There are perfectly civil ways to say you don't care for something without bashing the poster. Try posting a response worded the say way you would say it to the person face to face.

If you act like an a$$, you should be treated like an a$$.

Remember, these are fellow forum members you are speaking to. The same people you flame in one post may have tried to help you out in another.
That actually happens alot of the time but then there are times when members are really there to attack maybe based on another thread:wink:.....so keep that in mind members :wink:

bloo

·
Registered
1,978 Posts

:heyyou: hold up there hoss cat, there are more then 2 types of people.
Most people dont praise because there afraid to hurt there feelings but because somone got what THEY wanted DONE to THEIR BIKE. that my friend is a good reason to say good job. or nice bike.
other bikes may not be great looking to me but hey if its what a fellow rider wants shit good for them i wont bash them for there own style and you shouldnt either. those who bash are pissed cuz either they aint got shit or there woman left them for somone with a bike like the one they just bashed..... im just sayin.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts