Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hooking up my bike some more tommorow.

Dropping it off in the morning so I can go out tommorow night.

Anyway I already have:

slip-on
Exhause valve mod
PC3
Galfer Lines
Scotts
+1 Stelth Rear Sproket
Chain

So tommorow I am adding the

Galfer Rotors
EBC Pads (I think, I have the Galfer Blacks in the box still and my guy says they are not so good, also heard the some on the boards)
16T front Sproket

and some new rubber.

I had the Diablos and pulled them off for track day.

I had like 700-900 miles and the rear is just done.

Front is perfect still.

Thinking of trying Bridgestones (012?)
Also going to bleed the front brakes as I cooked them a bit at the track.
The bike had MAJOR FADE after a few laps.
I touched the handlebar a few times (not good)

I think new pads would cure but I got the galfers cause I thought they were going to be lighter than stock (as advertised by them!!) but they seem to be very close to stock.

All well at least they will look bad ass

So the bike should be fun to ride tommorow night.

Geared hard 16/40
Some hard stops will be cool as well.

I'll give you my impressions.

Going to ttake it to Ft. LAuderdale tommorow night as well.

I hope the po po's leave me alone.

peace!

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I'd be interested if the valve mod is only effective on a bike with a pcIII or is effective either way...info anyone...i tried it with the stock can and really didn't see a diff..

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
i removed my cables also....didn't put them in a box...i think they're in a drawer around here somewhere....anyway removed at 4K and now over 7.5K and no light...

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
a light will only come on if you disconnect the electrical connector from the servo...because the path of signals will be interupted....

has anyone removed the cables from a bike that just has a slip on and no Pciii...if so is there any difference good or bad?

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I left the servo connected, cables gone. No lights. I tried disconnecting the valve b4 I had the PC and after installing the slip on. I remember thinking that it lost some grunt down low, but felt like it hit quicker from 5k to WOT. I ended up reconnecting the valve until just recently when I did the v-stacks, Ivans......

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
miykl said:
I left the servo connected, cables gone. No lights. I tried disconnecting the valve b4 I had the PC and after installing the slip on. I remember thinking that it lost some grunt down low, but felt like it hit quicker from 5k to WOT. I ended up reconnecting the valve until just recently when I did the v-stacks, Ivans......
Is this like a "to be continued" or am I just missing something again?
:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Well, fugg, i diconnected them, reconnected them, disonnected them re....you get the picture. I'm runnin' a slip w/o pc and cant tell a difference! Depends on the day of the week whether she's connected or disconnected.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts