Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of running the BT002 Race DOT's on my 7r due to good feed back from other racers but now with the 10r I'm not sure how the DOT's or the slicks will hold up.
Thanks .
Tony

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one? How about the DOT's. I've talked to the local distributor and he says that a soft front and med rear is the set up. Any input?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Is this going to be a road or track bike? If road then don't waste your money on race tires for street riding. If for the track then the BT002 are a great tire. I usually run mediums. It gets pretty hot where I am so don't want the tire to wear out too quickly. I am using Pirelli's these days though. But the BT002's are still a great tire.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
I use Bridgestone slicks on my race bike (not ZX10R) and they are fantastic.

·
Registered
334 Posts
27f/25r off of your warmers and they will stick like glue and have minimal wear.
are you shure your temps are good cause i've been using the 002 pro's for the last 2 years and the trackside seller tells us to run 29r 30f. and the slicks at 29r 29f, and that is cold.by the way they are a great tire with excellent life.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I will let you know after the 22nd of May. It will be my first run at Mid Ohio with the 002's....I will also have to figure out the correct pressure. What is the hot temp on these tires? 36psi?

·
Registered
67 Posts
are you shure your temps are good cause i've been using the 002 pro's for the last 2 years and the trackside seller tells us to run 29r 30f. and the slicks at 29r 29f, and that is cold.by the way they are a great tire with excellent life.
Those are the pressures that the AFM Bridgestone vendor told to me to run. I started off at 30f/29r cold pressures, and after checking my hot pressures right off of the track the front was 36psi and the rear was 37psi. At those high pressures, the tires started to get greasy and the rear was spinning up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts