Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Some Buyer Tips!!!

14K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  podrohit 
#1 ·
Just a word of warning for those that get posts/responses from members in the "Classifieds>Wanted" section saying THEY HAVE WHAT YOU WANT.

It is better to look at a members history by clicking on their username in a Thread they posted before or under a search for their username(must be logged-on the site to do a search) and see where they have been posting in the Wanted Section. Here are some signs that can bring up a FLAG and cautions to follow if you have doubts:

1. Does the member offering me a product or parts know I need it bad and have a history of having other products/parts that other members need bad or fast. :idea: :wink:
2. Has the member offering me a product/parts have a long history on this site?
3. Does the member have feedback on this site under his username called iTrader?
4. If I am spending a lot of money on a part does he have a good email address or willing to give me a phone # to call for more details?
5. Does the member have PayPal and Address Verified?
6. Did I check out if this member had any INFRACTIONS(Has most likely had a temp. BaN on this site) under his/her Username profile(mind you might not be related to sales though :headshake )
7. If someone is PM(Private Messaging) from your add in the Classified/Wanted section and has no history of any other sales it could be for a reason....be careful :wink:

ADDED Because a member got ripped off and never read this Sticky but a warning to all:

A member that had something to sell and just got his 25th post to sell on this site did. Problem was the buyer was actually warned by another member and he never took that advice. Also, the seller tried to sell before having 25posts ANOTHER WARNING. When the buyer asked for Pics he said it's all packaged up and can't...ANOTHER WARNING.....it's your Money and RISK but when you ask for help the most we as Mods can do is BAN them from selling on this site(unless proved otherwise it was a mistake) or Ban them entirely from zx-10r.net....which brings me to another point if we find out sellers scamming on this SITE YOU WILL BE BANNED FOREVER IP and ALL. :wink:

These are just a few and maybe adding others....be careful out there buying we try hard to stop unwanted sellers like making them have 25posts and 30days of membership but that is not a guarantee.:headshake

Good luck and this thread is not meant to scare anyone but just to be cautious or aware/warned, because for the most part we have great members here selling with great deals and don't forget the Sponsors here first to be on the safest side. :thumbsup:

See less See more
#2 ·
Added in Red today something else...BEWARE..
bloo

This post has been deleted
#4 ·
Curious. What would be the best way for a Buyer(2000 miles away from bike) to protect himself on a large purchase?
Ive made a few large purchases from the States. 3 were from reputable dealers, 1 from a wrecker, & another on Ebay.

Any sugestions?

TIA.

#7 ·
Hello Everyone . I just joined this website to place a for sale posting for my 2015zx10r but the site is not allowing me to post anything ! Can someone please help !

Thanks Guys

Read the sticky in the subforum please. You're not allowed to sell stuff until you meet the minimum requirements.

#9 ·
Yes that is correct please go the the Newbie Forum and there are Stickys up Top of that Page that explain the site rules of this forum.

thanks,

bluedevil

#12 ·
Just a word of warning for those that get posts/responses from members in the "Classifieds>Wanted" section saying THEY HAVE WHAT YOU WANT.

It is better to look at a members history by clicking on their username in a Thread they posted before or under a search for their username(must be logged-on the site to do a search) and see where they have been posting in the Wanted Section. Here are some signs that can bring up a FLAG and cautions to follow if you have doubts:

1. Does the member offering me a product or parts know I need it bad and have a history of having other products/parts that other members need bad or fast. :idea: 😉
2. Has the member offering me a product/parts have a long history on this site?
3. Does the member have feedback on this site under his username called iTrader?
4. If I am spending a lot of money on a part does he have a good email address or willing to give me a phone # to call for more details?
5. Does the member have PayPal and Address Verified?
6. Did I check out if this member had any INFRACTIONS(Has most likely had a temp. BaN on this site) under his/her Username profile(mind you might not be related to sales though :headshake )
7. If someone is PM(Private Messaging) from your add in the Classified/Wanted section and has no history of any other sales it could be for a reason....be careful 😉

ADDED Because a member got ripped off and never read this Sticky but a warning to all:

A member that had something to sell and just got his 25th post to sell on this site did. Problem was the buyer was actually warned by another member and he never took that advice. Also, the seller tried to sell before having 25posts ANOTHER WARNING. When the buyer asked for Pics he said it's all packaged up and can't...ANOTHER WARNING.....it's your Money and RISK but when you ask for help the most we as Mods can do is BAN them from selling on this site(unless proved otherwise it was a mistake) or Ban them entirely from zx-10r.net....which brings me to another point if we find out sellers scamming on this SITE YOU WILL BE BANNED FOREVER IP and ALL. 😉

These are just a few and maybe adding others....be careful out there buying we try hard to stop unwanted sellers like making them have 25posts and 30days of membership but that is not a guarantee.:headshake

Good luck and this thread is not meant to scare anyone but just to be cautious or aware/warned, because for the most part we have great members here selling with great deals and don't forget the Sponsors here first to be on the safest side. 👍
Loads of guys connecting to me via email and trying to scam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.