Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
didn't steal my shit but they broke it.. the bar was laying on the ground.. musta got scared off..

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
jrsjkd said:
man that sucks.....
I wonder if one of those remote alarms woulda been nice in this instance :dontknow:
The Scorpion Alarm gives me a little piece of mind, pager range is respectable.
Arm with or without proximity sensor. Also anti hijack feature is nice.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
ZX10Miami said:
The Scorpion Alarm gives me a little piece of mind, pager range is respectable.
Arm with or without proximity sensor. Also anti hijack feature is nice.
how much range do you actually get at home or around town???

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Really, I have my other bike for leaving unattended so not fully tested.
I have walked about 3/4 a city block away and been in range while bike is in concrete garage. Antenna palcement could probably be better but it works for me.

Enough to be in a resturant and know what's up with bike in a lot out front, out of sight.
Still 3 guys and a van takes seconds (HEARD of a harley going mid day in the grove this way while guy was eating outside across the street, van blocked his view, blended as a delivery van.) so it is just a layer of security to hopefully say, go elsewhere, plenty bikes w/o alarms. Or at least a chance to chase the van, get a lic # something.

·
Registered
212 Posts
txbiker said:
work.. they took a hammer and chisel to it.. and broke the cylinder...

Can't you park closer to the entrance like on the sidewalk? That is what I do. Go bitvch to your boss or HR department that the parking lot is unsafe for motorcycles and see if they will designate some motorcycle parking up fornt. Do you work in a bad neighborhood?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
superbiker said:
Can't you park closer to the entrance like on the sidewalk? That is what I do. Go bitvch to your boss or HR department that the parking lot is unsafe for motorcycles and see if they will designate some motorcycle parking up fornt. Do you work in a bad neighborhood?
yeah the neighborhood is kinda lame.. this was my mountain bike in the back of my truck.. I had it locked with a Kryptonite lock.. (yes the cylinderical one not the crappy ones..)

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
txbiker said:
yeah the neighborhood is kinda lame.. this was my mountain bike in the back of my truck..
That does still suck but I would never leave my MTB locked in a truck crackheads are everywhere, you're lucky they didn't strip parts.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
ZX10Miami said:
it is just a layer of security to hopefully say, go elsewhere, .
Really, most security in any format is this way. There is enough unsecured shit that the crooks can just go to the next EASIER target.

Maybe a group buy on these would be nice if the price was right?

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
They do lojack for bikes now in at least some cities. I just don't like the idea of a lojack guy messing with my bike to do the install.
I know for cars they won't even let you watch them install it in your own car so they aren't likely to make a self install an option.
How ever small they've made it, it'd have to be obvious enough in the 10 with as little room as there is to put anything. At least they are trying, could be good.

Had teletrac on a mustang before satellite track was avail. it was a bit like onstar and pretty cool.
Could track and unlock doors... it was triangulated from cell phone towers.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Found this a while back, looks better than Lojack

Found this, looks real nice/ tracking from your computer without waiting on the police, starter disable, top speed function and a lot more for less than $600, don't know how much the monthly fee is or if there is any.

http://www.millenniumplusgps.com/

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will definitely have some tracking system if I get a Zbike. My work is surrounded by welfare babys mamas and derelict construction workers and landscapers...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts