Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my Kawasaki solo seat cowl from my local dealership. First, I was surprised to find out I have to assemble it! :dontknow: Second, the pad is an all rubber pad (I was expecting something like the driver's seat).

Anyway, the pad is sort of discolored and not "solid black" like I expected. Is this the way you guy received 'em too? Anyone put Armour All or something similar on theirs?
 

·
talker of shite
Joined
·
7,285 Posts
I can't say I was too happy with the quality of the rubber part, like 7015 says it's discoloured & also weighs too much for what it is, also on the ti one the paint feels rough compared to the rest of the bike. I like the job BD did on his ,looks much better!
 

·
Green Hippie
Joined
·
17,566 Posts
Big Daddy said:
Had i found some it would be f'sho!!

BD
that looks good BD need some of that to redo the floor boards on my sidecar where did ya get it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,537 Posts
its formed floor mat/padding for Honda watercraft with a self adhesive backing. It comes in different shapes due to the diff areas they cover. I would imagine any brand of watercraft would have it so you'd have to find a piece/s that will work.

BD
 

·
Green Hippie
Joined
·
17,566 Posts
Big Daddy said:
its formed floor mat/padding for Honda watercraft with a self adhesive backing. It comes in different shapes due to the diff areas they cover. I would imagine any brand of watercraft would have it so you'd have to find a piece/s that will work.

BD
thanx BD :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
danno22 said:
I can't say I was too happy with the quality of the rubber part, like 7015 says it's discoloured & also weighs too much for what it is, also on the ti one the paint feels rough compared to the rest of the bike. I like the job BD did on his ,looks much better!
You're right, it weighs too much for what it is!

Kawi could have done better than this. For that matter, the solo seat cowl should have come with each bike when it was new. We shouldn't have had to pay for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,595 Posts
:iamwithst we should have had that included with the bike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,532 Posts
7015 said:
You're right, it weighs too much for what it is!

Kawi could have done better than this. For that matter, the solo seat cowl should have come with each bike when it was new. We shouldn't have had to pay for it.


:+1: ....... my buddy got a free solo seat cover with his 636, lucky him
 

·
Man About Town
Joined
·
1,076 Posts
Big Daddy said:
its formed floor mat/padding for Honda watercraft with a self adhesive backing. It comes in different shapes due to the diff areas they cover. I would imagine any brand of watercraft would have it so you'd have to find a piece/s that will work.

BD


Part # 50711-hw3-670 Rubberized 1/8 " mat. Try www.ronayers.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
titanium said:
:+1: ....... my buddy got a free solo seat cover with his 636, lucky him
I got the solo seat cover on my 636 as well (2004), but the dealer told me that Kawi was no longer giving that away at the time of purchase. I found this out when I bought my 10. They told me that Suzuki was the only one that was still giving those as part of the purchase.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top