Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok just got my PCIII finally..nicely tucked under my cowl...but ive noticed when i wash my bike and if caught in rain....my cowl leaks....like i keep insurance and othe papers in a ziplock so they wont get ruined.....im afraid my PCIII will be DOOMED if it gets wet....does anyone know if it is weather proof? anf if not anyone got a fix for my so i dont throw $$$ away cause i shorted her out in the rain??

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,464 Posts
the pclll is not waterproof but IS water resistant.....as long as it is not constantly subjected to water or ,.......haha...submerged in water.........it should be fine!
i keep a few microfiber towels in there over it to soak up any moisture if i wash or get caught out in the rain!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Wrap it as tight as you can in a bag. Unless it fills up with water and doesn't drain will be the only way it gets wet. My buddy has his under the solo and it gets wet every know and then. A little water isn't going to hurt it same as the computer.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,084 Posts
Spray and wax style plastic cleaners are the best. Kawi makes one that works well, it also has some sort of base that remains with th eplastic that makes cleaning bugs off much easier.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool...like i said i keep my insurance and impotant papers in ziplock....but was thinkin bout moisture build up inside of the bag lol i live in texas so the its tends to get humid...seems like im a wierd position on tryin to keep her completely dry,but as far tas the washing goes...yeah im am going to try out this one aerosol that was recomended "plexus" or something like that....

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
cool...like i said i keep my insurance and impotant papers in ziplock....but was thinkin bout moisture build up inside of the bag lol i live in texas so the its tends to get humid...seems like im a wierd position on tryin to keep her completely dry,but as far tas the washing goes...yeah im am going to try out this one aerosol that was recomended "plexus" or something like that....

Plexus is a good polish for sure. Not the best cleaner, but it works alright. I keep some in my garage.

I like the Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish a good general purpose spray. FWIW

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Magic....does your bike ever see water? if so...with them set up like that in the trunk ever had any problems....mines in the trunk wired down solo..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.