Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well most of you know i sold my zx10r. but thats not what this thread is about.
SO how does a STOCK zx14 stack up to a BUILT zx10? i have to admit i miss the quick snap of the built bike but the 14 is the way i would go. The zx14 has little things that easily get looked over. I even did. Untill i rode one. the bike is like driving a caddy. everything you need is at the touch of a button or the twist of a wrist. The bike does have mass to it! however when moving it feels lighter! I dont know why it just does. Im very happy to now have mirrors that work. if I could change anything about the zx10 that would be it. doesnt seem important untill you have them again. I wasnt really into the creature comforts the zx14 has to offer untill i rode it for this weekend. MAN!!! wow i mean this bike has everything. the dash even has some stuff that the mags didnt give credit for. EX: the dash has 2 tach lights. 1 for add boost/spray now and then a shift light. SWEET! the bike holds a crap load of fuel. can almost go 200miles on a tank. I also remember reading where some mag stated "the zx14 just wont wheelie, it will make a great drag bike." BS this thing is a wheelie monster. any gear go full on and you see the sky! the bike starts to pull like a mule but then all 3 of the goveners kick in at once. Man can you feel it too. all of a sudden the monster power gets very tame. but you can definatly feel what it "could be" with very minor work. As far as handleing...it wants to go further than i feel ok with on a heavy weight. If looking for a bike that is nice to ride for awhile and has power to spare this is the bike for you. as far as being a corner junkie on this bike....you may want to stick to the zx10's. but yes Im VERY happy {and not sore} after riding my zx14 for almost 200 miles in 2 days. pics soon!....and some new mods.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh and 1 other cool upgrade...I CAN SEE AT NIGHT!!!!!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Just throw a good set of tires on it and you will feel very different about the cornering on a 14. With a full sys, pc, flies out, and good tires the 14 straight rocks! And it is comphy to boot.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
nice man, i have done alot of work on the 14s lots of power to be found. Just get rid of that exhaust and the secondarys, get a custom map for it and you'll really feel the power.

what motor work was done to your old 10?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys. i rode it again tonight i swear they should tag that bike with the nick name "unicycle!" Buy a 14 and you will never need a front tire again!....you'll never wear it down!

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
intake cam and head gasket. kws also timed the cams alittle. dont have the timing numbers though. i dont know the degrees. was going to do gorilla rods and a forged crank to get a turbo but decided not to remove a $1200 pipe to add a 5k turbo. so i got a new bike and plan on adding a turbo.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea im waiting on the chicks from bike week to send me pics. got to be honest i fall more in love with this bike every bike ride!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Congrats on the 14. I stood in the dealership for more than a hour trying to decide between a 07 14 or and 07 10r. Being that I just came off of an 05 12r, I felt like going lighter this time around. Maybe the next bike will be a 14.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
congrads! cant hate you for stayin kawi

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update. Rode it tonight. pretty hard. the bike is weird. at slower speeds the bike feels like it looks heavy. however the faster you push the lieghter it feels. kinda odd. around 90 or 100 the bike corners like my stretched 10 witch wasnt half bad. {before lowering it} Its easier to reach unwanted high speeds because it just doesnt feel like your moving untill you look down and you see triple digits.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Congrats there, I've test rode the new 14 myself, and i would agree that the steering seems lighter then my 10. If I wanted a sport tourer, the 14 would def. be the bike.
But since I'm only 1.73cm, and 68kg, I prefer a "smaller" bike that suits me better.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Congrats there, I've test rode the new 14 myself, and i would agree that the steering seems lighter then my 10. If I wanted a sport tourer, the 14 would def. be the bike.
But since I'm only 1.73cm, and 68kg, I prefer a "smaller" bike that suits me better.
1.73cm = 0.6811024" ??? :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts