Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Formerly "bms"
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently sold my 30th Gen 4 and was contemplating on getting the 16' r1 or the 16' zx10r. I chose the R1 over the 10 just to switch it up, I felt like I would be buying the same bike. Plus I heard a few reviews of people saying they liked their gen 4 over the gen 5, but I'm glad I made the choice I did. This R1 is something else. The power delivery is a whole lot different that then 10Rs. Where the 10 held a smoother power to the ground. The R1 is more abrupt but with the electronics it makes it a fun machine to ride. Feels like a little bit heavier R6 with twice the power. The 10 is definitely a better street bike but why buy a sport bike to cruise around the city.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
TRAITOR!!!!!!

I bleed green, but I have been attracted to other brands lately.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Sweet ride. Those sound really nice. Never ridden one, but having sat on one, I didnt like it too much. Looks great though. I kind of agree with kilaman, I typically stand on Team Greens side, but the other brands seem really interesting. Id like to check out some of the other stuff, not necessarily the newer bikes though.

Congratulations on the new bike though man, have fun with it and stay safe.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I switched from a '15 R1 to a '16 zx10r. I found the R1 makes power sooner. It feels like it pulls smooth all the way through where the zx10r has less power under the curve. Welcome to the next generation of super bikes!

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
I arrived at the dealer with the g4 yesterday for possible warranty stuff but most likely just a rock in the radiator. First time I've ever went to look around at bikes (as service admin needed me outta his hair while sorting part prices for the 45k service which I will do ...as the bike is there so might as well, and in honor of V6) as I just make a deal and send the check and they deliver, all what I want, as moto dealers kinda bother me, but nothing to do with them, I'm sure. I think the dealer had all the bike lines including 10r's but I didn't see the h2, which kinda interests me.

Anyway, I saw the r1 and my initial was mega fat and I couldn't look at it after about two seconds. Just me as I'm sure I'd figure out how to ride it.

I saw the new gixxer and that's gonna be my next bike as soon as I can time that fact with the wife's so mega hatred of motos. lol

·
Registered
966 Posts
I like the new R1, nice bike. I woulda considered one but the difference in price with gen 5 was too great. I'd like to tango with 15+ R1 with my gen 5 I can tell you that lol

·
Formerly "bms"
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the new R1, nice bike. I woulda considered one but the difference in price with gen 5 was too great. I'd like to tango with 15+ R1 with my gen 5 I can tell you that lol
Yeah kawasaki offered more rebates. I could've got a gen 5 for about 1700 cheaper.. But felt like I would have bought the same bike with a few upgrades. More than what I wanted to spend on the R1 but its whatever, I love the thing.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Yeah kawasaki offered more rebates. I could've got a gen 5 for about 1700 cheaper.. But felt like I would have bought the same bike with a few upgrades. More than what I wanted to spend on the R1 but its whatever, I love the thing.
Full disclosure my friend has been harassing me for months to buy my gen 4 so I finally got sick if him and bought new bike. I will say I thought it was the same bike but side by side they're very different.. Buuuut the R1 is sick and you'll never look back. It's like deciding between two dime piece (10 out of 10) chicks, either way you win lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
im sorry but who cruises on a sport bike ? i dont know about you but street racing is a thing, unless you are too law abiding and too afraid

1 - 11 of 11 Posts