Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must be getting old; 30 yrs old, this year. I traded in my 2006 Acura RSX-S for a 2008 Hyundai Elantra. I am purchasing a house later this year and I am looking at ways to reduce my current bills (NO THE BIKE IS NOT GOING!!!!). The RSX-S was a nice ride but not really practical for my situation.

How I came on top (financially) with trading in my Acura:

-lowered monthly loan payment $65
-lowered insurance $30/mo
-can buy 87 octane instead of 91 (big saving throughout the year)
-Acura had 30,000mi new Hyundai has 8mi on odometer
-easier to get my daughter in and out of the car with a foor door

P.S. Anybody wants to bust my balls about owning a Hyundai :fu2: I have a badass 10!

I will miss her. Here she is on my TSW 19's

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
ah man, well you sold one testicle at least you still have the other :wink: so we cant technically break your balls now, so ill just break your ball.
ive been pondering a first gen type-s for sometime but being a home owner myself a toyota tacoma would be a smarter investment.
other than buying 87 over premium youll be saving mpg too :thumbsup: you know what that means more money towards the 10r!!!!

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
The Hyundai might not look as cool, but they've become pretty good cars in recent years - certainly good bang for the buck. And having 4 doors is a good thing ...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Wish I could do the same but I'm too picky on what I drive and always seem to Upgrade. I don't think I've made a good financial decision in a long time...:ninja2:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Damn yo! That ride was JDM yo with those over sized rims :) haha just messing with ya. Yea no one can bust your ass for going from Jap to KO Korean b/c you still have a Jap 10!

·
I really need to get out of the house
13,309 Posts
I remember that feeling.....I sold my Dodge Stealth, pearl white with red leather int:love10:...that I loved to buy a house! It was worth it, I can say that now, not back them.:headshake

·
Registered
1,775 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:eyecrazy:

20 years... 200,000 miles... Is that for real? :dontknow: I thought 10years/100k was the warrenty???

Chris
That is right...I upgraded the warranty, cost me another $6 a month which also included GAP insurance. GAP insurance pays off the balance of the loan that the standard vehicle insurance might not, if the vehicle was totaled in an accident.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
GAP is good to have. I had it back in 03 and it saved me life

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
You'll be happy you did in the long run. I sold my STI last year and now I scoot around in a 15 year old Integra. I miss the car but not the payments! Saving money's a good thing! Cheers!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I must be getting old; 30 yrs old, this year. I traded in my 2006 Acura RSX-S for a 2008 Hyundai Elantra. I am purchasing a house later this year and I am looking at ways to reduce my current bills (NO THE BIKE IS NOT GOING!!!!). The RSX-S was a nice ride but not really practical for my situation.

How I came on top (financially) with trading in my Acura:

-lowered monthly loan payment $65
-lowered insurance $30/mo
-can buy 87 octane instead of 91 (big saving throughout the year)
-Acura had 30,000mi new Hyundai has 8mi on odometer
-easier to get my daughter in and out of the car with a foor door

P.S. Anybody wants to bust my balls about owning a Hyundai :fu2: I have a badass 10!

I will miss her. Here she is on my TSW 19's

sorry bro! i had to do that too and i ended up with a mazdaspeed 6... my wife made me sell my rsx-type s (bc of a baby)!!! grrr it was a 05...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts