Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is an 2004 ZX10r
Looking to buy a socket for the main nut that goes on top the the stearing tripple.
Anybody who can confirm this size for me?
I read manuals that have given me different answers.

Somebody please check the socket size in person. I have to order this socket and want to be sure.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
36mm- the one I got is a heavy bastard for CV joints. 6 sided so it does not chew up or round off the nut.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ZX10Miami said:
36mm- the one I got is a heavy bastard for CV joints. 6 sided so it does not chew up or round off the nut.
My manual's say 35mm
My friends say 36mm

Are you 100% at 36mm?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Dare-x said:
My manual's say 35mm
My friends say 36mm

Are you 100% at 36mm?

Thanks for the help
absolutely, positively 100% 36mm

BD

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,
I feel like I am on who wants to be a millionare...

Is that your final answer (doo do doooo doo do dooo do dooo)

Thanks Again

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
36mm and I use a little blue tape on the nut so as not to mark it up.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not to highjack, but when you guys tighten this nut do you use locktite? Also if you do use it, do you use less the 58 ft/lbs of torque?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have to take mine off my 2006 ... I assume its the same size. The torque specs on it are different I think though. There was a recall on the torque spec, so im not sure if its 58 or what anymore ?

·
Registered
344 Posts
2006 is a 36mm as well, but my impact sockets were to thick wouldn't go around the nut where its mounted.

I had to find a thin-walled 36mm for the '06.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
eezzrideher said:
Mine came off and went back on just fine with a crescent. :lol:
A step above channel locks at least.

I like the addede security of a socket that near to the expensive tank- and don't want to chew up that nifty bolt.

·
Registered
591 Posts
i had to take my ssn off too to mount a gpr damper on my '06. the size is 36mm. i looked all over and could only find the 36 mm in an impact socket. it worked to take it off, but the walls were to thick to go inside the gpr mounting plate. after looking all over for one, i finally found a plain 36mm socket at sears also. they only had it in a 12 point though. i dont know what the torgue spec is on the tightness, but i just put it on pretty tight with a touch of blue thread lock.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts