1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
welcome to the site

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
The stock Dunlops I had sucked, but I understand the aftermarket qualifiers are much better. I don't really know cause I put the 2CT's on and never looked back

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I see, I currently have the stock qualifier and they do suck ass. Recently I took a 600 mile trip with them and when I came back and took them to a canyon ride the tires are starting to be very slippery even when warmed up. It still has alot of meat on it but it does also have 3600 miles on them already. Not sure what wrong with them

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi littlenoodleboy, and welcome from Italy too! :hello:

Try some Pirelli Diablo corsa, or a nice pair of Metzelers Racetech;
I find that they respond 100% positive on our bikes, much better than Michelins (they suck too after a while..)

:eek:ccasion1

·
GEN II Driver
2,902 Posts
The stock Dunlops I had sucked, but I understand the aftermarket qualifiers are much better. I don't really know cause I put the 2CT's on and never looked back
same same. stock dunlops take way too long to heat up. 2cts have always been my favorite on and off the track.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,380 Posts
any of you guys have the pilot power 2ct on the zx10r? any one know how they ride?
Welcome!
And yes I do, for the last 3 ro 4 set I ONLY run PP 2CT.

THEY ARE AMAZING! Warm up quick, grip VERY WELL, Hardly ever slide. have more lean angle for more contact patch on turns and I get around 5k to 5.3k miles out of them.

Where in S. Cali are you?

-Sean

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,380 Posts
I see, I currently have the stock qualifier and they do suck ass. Recently I took a 600 mile trip with them and when I came back and took them to a canyon ride the tires are starting to be very slippery even when warmed up. It still has alot of meat on it but it does also have 3600 miles on them already. Not sure what wrong with them
I would just keep them till they wear down and need replacement then jump on 2CT or Like what Omar said Pirelli Diablo corsa from I have heard are great too. I've never bought anything but Pilot Powers. The moment you put them on and make a turn while riding you see the difference. Your bike will like fall to that side like riding on a triangle sharp angle facing street. Don't think that made sense but when you get them on you'll see what I am talking about.

Prob with the stock qualifiers is they are oem/generic brands, not even as good as the kind of qualifiers you'd buy from the store.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts