Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo peeps. San Diego '08 ZX-10 rider here. Where you all at? I'm located in the Del Mar area just off I-5. Let's use this thread to just B.S., or for last minute meetups, or whatever SoCal related.

Dave

·
Registered
21 Posts
southern california rider

Heyo

I'm kind of from San Diego. haha I'm actually from Orange County but I go to school at UCSD.

Sad thing is though...I don't ride my 10R around here. It's parked nice and safe inside my garage in Orange County haha.

I heard too many stories about people getting their bikes stolen at UCSD so I don't risk it. Anyways, nice to see another Southern California rider on this forum.

-Derrick

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,372 Posts
Up in LA here, if you are out here, let me know, Heremosa Beach, Malibu, Mulholland Highway, etc are the places to be this summer.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Sup sup :hello:

Over here in Temecula. You ride on da weekends? I was going out at least once a week - Palomar, Banner, etc. but since starting school again time is at a premium.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heyo

I'm kind of from San Diego. haha I'm actually from Orange County but I go to school at UCSD.

Sad thing is though...I don't ride my 10R around here. It's parked nice and safe inside my garage in Orange County haha.

I heard too many stories about people getting their bikes stolen at UCSD so I don't risk it. Anyways, nice to see another Southern California rider on this forum.

-Derrick
Get the thickest lock you can find, and 0 deductible insurance, and you're good to go! Leave the lock connected somewhere in the parking lot.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
hey guys, im here in oceanside.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
O'side, what's up? That's usually as far as I get up north when cruising the 101 on short trips for obvious reasons. Are you in the military? And it says you have a 636? or do you have a 10R?

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
O'side, what's up? That's usually as far as I get up north when cruising the 101 on short trips for obvious reasons. Are you in the military? And it says you have a 636? or do you have a 10R?
Yea im a Marine up here in Pendleton. I just have the 636 now (sold my 10r before my last deployment), i am waiting till we have some more money to buy another one because we just bought a house and we are spending so much on that. the 101 ride is nice all the way down. normally i ride the 101 stopping in Encinitas for lunch (d street) and then keep going south. i love the ride through la jolla, those houses are sick.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If anyone is up for a Sun or Mon blast up Palomar let me know. I havn't been in along time and need to knock off the rust.

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
Murrieta here. Im in for rides... when I get back from the sand box. Should be around September time.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Anyone going to the track this month?

Me - 13th (CSS) and 22nd (SOW, w/ hypercycle)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Unfortuanately no, funds are shit right now. I wish we had a track you could go to without having to drive for hours and pay for hotel, gas, etc. The actual track days are cheap its all the other crap that makes it expensive.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
why isnt there a track down here? willow is such a pain in the butt.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea im a Marine up here in Pendleton. I just have the 636 now (sold my 10r before my last deployment), i am waiting till we have some more money to buy another one because we just bought a house and we are spending so much on that. the 101 ride is nice all the way down. normally i ride the 101 stopping in Encinitas for lunch (d street) and then keep going south. i love the ride through la jolla, those houses are sick.
Where at for lunch on D street? Kealani's, Manhattan Giant? Raul's shack or Filiberto's?

I wouldn't mind getting up into laguna/Newport coastal ride and back.
I also dig heading south into La Jolla, and into Pacific Beach.

Dave

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My kids are out of school for the summer starting friday, but I wouldn't mind a monday palomar run once they're back in school. That's late august though =(. I stay away from there on the weekends. Too much drama. Plus, I purposely bought pants WITHOUT knee sliders this time around, since I told myslef I was done with the dragging of the knees.

I will be free on the weekends to some extent, but need to run everything by the wife =)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Unfortuanately no, funds are shit right now. I wish we had a track you could go to without having to drive for hours and pay for hotel, gas, etc. The actual track days are cheap its all the other crap that makes it expensive.
For real!! I do the same-day drive. Leaving my house around 4am.

I'm looking forward to Chuckwalla opening!!! I'm planning on hitting it up in Oct. :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts