Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to stop drinkin.. havent had none for about 3.5 weeks, but lately i just really feel like drinkin. i dunno. any sober people here?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Im sober. Never really been much of a drinker myself. Congrats for staying sober for the 3.5 weeks though. Its worth it to moderate you vices. And if you think you have a problem all of us are here for ya bro. Nothin but support from these guys, as Im sure you are well aware.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Just keep remembering the reason you are trying to stop. Like Rich said,,,,is it worth it. It's just a quick patch on whatever is going on....and when the drunk is over with, you are more broke,,hung over,,and worse off than before you decided to tie one on.
Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I used to drink occasionally. I was hooked on margaritas but (I know I will catch slack from this) but ever since I started going to church and became a religous man I stopped cold turkey about 2 months ago and havent touched a drink since. I havent really even wanted one. Good luck and stay strong.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Look at it from a health perspective. I use to drink about 6 beers a day and I would go through a case on Sat and another case on Sun. Until one day I started having health issues related to my drinking and I was basically told at age 30 to stop or I would need a liver transplant within one year. Its been 5 years since I had any alcohol. I didnt have a choice in the matter. You have a choice make it a positive choice.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the encourgement fellas! this does help me out. and good job to yourselves as well!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
stopped after a new years party 83 and have had a doz glasses of wine since.
If you add some sort of exercise program into the equation its a win, win situation. :thumbsup:

BD

·
.net Most Followed Member
8,795 Posts
hey dude people here are right.drinkin sucks and its unhealthy at all, if u have any problems, drinking wont solve them at all...do some exercise and u will never think about drinking again.i dont drink at all and i love it!!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
if you're trying to quit, then you apparently think you have a problem.I quit july 1 05 and yes I had a problem.the first few months seemed boring b/c i had nothing to fill the time I spent drinking. find something healthy to fill that time (the 10 a gym) and it is alot easier. also this has been the most productive year of my life. hope this helped. let me know if there is anythig i can do.

john

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Stay strong, Self Control can be fun too. Seriously, when you are feeling week, just ask yourself why, and challenge yourself to get past. Easier said than done I know, but you've done it for 3.5 weeks, don't give in.

·
Registered
675 Posts
AA Meetings help. I use to drink heavily to run from my problems. Believe me, there were quite a few of them. I took a good hard look at myself and decided I had better things to do. I still enjoy drinking, but I moderate it now in my old age. Do lots of cardio or just hit the gym bro. Don't drink and ride. Best wishes

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
i am sober at the moment, was lite like a xmas tree last night at the party we hosted. dont drink to much though, not to get blasted all the time

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I like to get buzed up on the weekends if there is something to do. I dont drink during the week, it makes me feel terrible the next day. My dad was a terrible alcoholic for many years, luckily I did not follow in his footsteps. It took him loosing over 100k and 50 years old before he figured it all out. I dont have a problem with people having drinks but some people dont know how to handle the drinks (get very obnoxiuos).
Congrats to you if you are soing what is right for you, only you know if you have a problem.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Yeah if I drink once a month at an occasion it is a lot, hard to understand how difficult it can be for someone else when it has never effected you personally. But as someone said try and fill your time with something else if possible and good luck, you obviously feel the necesity to do this for a reason.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts