Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm not a hater by any means. I know some don't like his style, but I think he's a great sprinter.

I was just listening to the radio where they were talking about the physics of body styles and Olympic performance.

They said that sprinting is basically just a controlled forward fall. And him being 6'5", his center of gravity is higher, which helps him "fall" faster than a shorter runner.

While it's not my style to celebrate like he does,,,,that guy is fast,,,so he can celebrate all he wants!!!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
What makes him the greatest sprinter is the fact that he's figured out what has eluded all great sprinters before him. Most sprinters have a much shorter, but strong stride. He has managed to make his long stride just as strong and fast as the best, so he covers much more ground than the competition. Now, if he can figure out how to get out of the blocks faster he'll be running 100m in under 9 seconds.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,561 Posts
Come on! How could a guy with a last name like "Bolt" NOT be good at running? The only thing that would be better would be a last name like "Flash" or something.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I know he struggles with the start,,,but do you think he'll be competitive in anothe 4 years???
Unless fame completely ruins him, I expect him to be even more dominant in 4 years. Look what he's done since 2008 breaking his own ridiculous records. 4 years is a long time to shave even more time.

·
Registered
683 Posts
He will be 31 next time. I think next olympics there will be somebody new. Right now though he is dominant.

Sent from my iPhone using an over priced data plan!

·
Registered
968 Posts
the annoucer said he takes 3 less strides than other sprinters on avg. that is crazy. as bennice said a longer stride with the same turn over rate makes him the fastest man alive. but i dont think he can be as dominant in 4 years as he is now. I think its more likely for johan blake to be the better jamaican

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Blake definitely might be the guy who emerges next. But you gotta consider that 31 years old isn't ancient for a sprinter the way it is for a football player. Remember Carl Lewis? He kicked ass for about 12 years as a sprinter and long jumper. So Bolt has definitely has a chance at being dominant for another 4 years.

My only real doubt is whether or not Bolt doesn't let the fame get to him. Hell, I would. All the beer and bitches? No way I'd keep it all together. :thefinger

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He will be on top in Rio. Still young and entering his peak. I see him faster If no injuries or doping scandals come up before Rio. Just watched the 200 meters finals. Legendary.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Come on! How could a guy with a last name like "Bolt" NOT be good at running? The only thing that would be better would be a last name like "Flash" or something.
Seriously. He had like 2 choices, runner or mechanic. :lol:
Dude is ridiculously fast. I think in Rio he is going to do some more ridiculous times. Watching the 200m today, he let up at the end of it. Definently has a lot left in him for the Olympics in 4 years.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I expected a lot of haters in here but it seems not. People realize this guy rules. But we are smart kawi people anyway.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
US track runners should go to Jamaica for training...then they will go back to winning ways. For now, Jamaica rules the sprint world.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I agree he is the best sprinter but i dont agree with him when he said he was the best athlete..
No, I don't think anyone agrees with that and wonder if Usain even really believes it. I take it as him talking his brand up and capitalizing on the moment and the accomplishments. Even though he's Jamaican, he seems to know the American way. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts