Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
surely there must be other Euro mag dyno charts floating about the ether?

i mean ones with full power Euro ZXs, and in proper HP, not measuring in GROTZKELS or whatever scale they make up in the dyno room...

im hearing (over on labusas.org) that another Euro mag dynoed the bimmer and the ZX back to back and the ZX had closerto *10* HP over the bimmer...

but still no dyno charts to back up the claims, consarnit!

:dontknow:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you remember the thread you saw it in, perhaps you could go there and ask.

I live in Europe and it might be easier for me to have access to the magazine.
i live in England myself so itd be no problem for me to pick up (unless if mag is only available on continental Europe)

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
Even if you were to find something, I wouldn't put much faith in it at this point. Only pre-production bikes are available and very few of them, at that. Things can change between pre-production and reality.

·
Registered
375 Posts
It is still too early. You guys there in US are used to getting "2020bikes already in 1999" but here in Europe 2011 bike will be available in 2011 and only then real comparisons will be made.

·
Registered
272 Posts
surely there must be other Euro mag dyno charts floating about the ether?

i mean ones with full power Euro ZXs, and in proper HP, not measuring in GROTZKELS or whatever scale they make up in the dyno room...

im hearing (over on labusas.org) that another Euro mag dynoed the bimmer and the ZX back to back and the ZX had closerto *10* HP over the bimmer...

but still no dyno charts to back up the claims, consarnit!

:dontknow:
The akro charts posted up here showed an 8 or 9 hp advantage for the 10 over the beemer if I remember right. It was in CV's, but somebody posted up the difference between a hp and CV, and they were almost identical. You may have your answer there. Or you may have 2 seperate answers pointing to the same conclusion, that maybe the euro spec 10 does have almost 10 hp more than the beemer :dontknow: Either way its fun wondering aint it :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
First Real U.S. Dyno Charts?

Im hearing (over on labusas.org) that another Euro mag dynoed the bimmer and the ZX back to back and the ZX had closerto *10* HP over the bimmer...
170hp bone-stock, 188hp with just a slip-on and PowerCommander! They tested two, one bone-stock U.S. and another U.S. bike with just a pipe and power commander. Sounds like de-restricted U.S. ZX-10Rs are roughly equal to Euro 10Rs.

·
Registered
543 Posts
170hp bone-stock, 188hp with just a slip-on and PowerCommander! They tested two, one bone-stock U.S. and another U.S. bike with just a pipe and power commander. Sounds like de-restricted U.S. ZX-10Rs are roughly equal to Euro 10Rs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ6NeE6sYs4
http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2010/11/188-hp-2011-kawasaki-zx-10r-on-the-dyno/

I don't remember them mentioning anything about a power commander nor any piggy back. If they did than please indicate where. I READ that they "tweaked" the ecu and then put on a slip-on.

·
Team Green Baby!
1,518 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts