Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
:deadhorse..........search the forum my friend....i'm sure you'll find more than a few threads just on this pipe.:eek:ccasion1
here's one and i almost ordered this pipe a while back off ebay...the seller was even willing to make/send one with a 60mm inlet to fit my arata headers and spin the inlet 45 degrees so that the spring clips would match up. for the price, i'd say go for it...the one's i've seen and heard are very nice.

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=89406&highlight=dan+moto+exhaust

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would say pass on it and save for a better system/pipe. They do sound good but I don't think the quality is all that good.

We just tuned a FZ1 with one and the carbon looked a little cheap and was coloring around the rivets. I think this is from the heat of the exhaust (prior to the dyno, plus a fan is used to limit the carbon can temps to prevent damage). The power and sound is nice, but the fit & finish isn't as nice. The guy is now looking for a better system.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I bought one for my 04 10r. Fast shipping, great price, quality construction, sounds awsome. I did have a fitment problem with the mid pipe but the owner was very forthcoming about corresponding with me. I ended up having to have a local exhaust guy make me one but it wasn't very expensive. the DanMoto people reimbursed the cost of the mid pipe to my Paypal. I have nothing bad to say about them. From what i under stand the fitment issues was an isolated incident.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...thanks for the feedback guys!.

·
Registered
113 Posts
here you go

ive had this dan moto for about 3 months sounds great and looks good here is a link for the video in youtube for some reason it was givin me pproblems uploading it on here

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
I would say pass on it and save for a better system/pipe. They do sound good but I don't think the quality is all that good.

We just tuned a FZ1 with one and the carbon looked a little cheap and was coloring around the rivets. I think this is from the heat of the exhaust (prior to the dyno, plus a fan is used to limit the carbon can temps to prevent damage). The power and sound is nice, but the fit & finish isn't as nice. The guy is now looking for a better system.
:+1:0000 Why waste your money on some cheapo hong kong junk when you can find a used Akra for around the same price :dontknow:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
113 Posts
exhuast

its the only slip on ive had on my 05 zx10 but i can say it sounds better to me than the other for the price you pay you cant beat it i have a fly by video on youtube too

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its the only slip on ive had on my 05 zx10 but i can say it sounds better to me than the other for the price you pay you cant beat it i have a fly by video on youtube too
yeah, saw that, thought 'damn that sounds hectic' then realized some dude in a v6/8 was driving by..lol

·
Registered
180 Posts
Final Word on the Danmoto exhaust is that they Fk'n Suck @$$!!!
I just received the carbon fiber slip on for an 05 zx10 and the damn thing doesn't bolt up properly! Once you connect the hanger and everything the damn can is simply resting on the swing arm! Then when you rotate the mid pipe out a little bit it puts the can right up against the rear foot pegs! The damn system just doesn't fit. Oh, but wait, it doesn't stop here, the shitty clamp it comes with isn't worth it's weight in rice! I'm tightening the bolt and SNAP! Now i'm driving around from hardware store to Autozone to Home Depot until I finally found a store that had a Metric 6mm x 40mm bolt!!!!!!! I'M PISSSEED!!!!!

·
Registered
988 Posts
I just received the carbon fiber slip on for an 05 zx10 and the damn thing doesn't bolt up properly! Once you connect the hanger and everything the damn can is simply resting on the swing arm! Then when you rotate the mid pipe out a little bit it puts the can right up against the rear foot pegs! The damn system just doesn't fit. Oh, but wait, it doesn't stop here, the shitty clamp it comes with isn't worth it's weight in rice! I'm tightening the bolt and SNAP! Now i'm driving around from hardware store to Autozone to Home Depot until I finally found a store that had a Metric 6mm x 40mm bolt!!!!!!! I'M PISSSEED!!!!!
replace it with a standard bolt 40mm or so long with the matching nut..........

·
Registered
608 Posts
anyone have to use a gasket to install the midpipe to the header? think i may have a slight leak.

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Ive had em too. On my 04 and it was a little tweaked as well. But for the price and sound it was worth it . Its a simple fix man .. ride it down to the exhaust shop and take the slipon with you .. They can modify it some . I had to have the mid pipe bent about 5 degrees. Cost 10.00 . So calm down, think about the problem and solve it .. :eek:ccasion1

ALSO. If you cant take the bike then grab a wire hanger and mount the slipon with out the mid pipe take that wire, disassemble it, make a straight piece long enough to mock up a mid pipe and center it in the pipe and bend it the directions needed to be centered in the connector. If all else fails just have them make you the mid pipe Stainless shouldnt cost more than 30 cash . 50 MAX.

The bolts are a simple fix unless you live in PODUNK like me . Go to ace hardwaare, lowes or Home Depot . FASTENAL is better and have an associate find the spec you need . . .

Keep in mind these overseas companies are designing things with blueprints and not a real life application so at times things need modification. Learn to think about it a little . If you think a slipon not bolting up perfect is just a danmoto thing I have news for you Ive had a full Akro system ( Cost $2300 ) not fit perfect and I had to put a slight bend in the Mid pipe and twist the can mount clamp as well ... It is what it is . Do you really want to send it back ( 2 weeks ) have another sent ( 2 weeks ) one month out or fiix it

·
Registered
608 Posts
Another danmoto exhaust 3 years later after the first almost to the date I installed the last one. Go figure

·
Registered
474 Posts
All I'm going to say, save a couple bucks, and save yourself hassle and own a true quality product. I've bought two Leo Vince sbk black Italia pipes this year. You can tell the difference just from the box it comes in. There's engineering and quality materials. Directions, spring puller, grade 8 stainless hardware, quality silicone labeled 3pc spring, sleeves, aluminum spacer, actual development went into the pipe not just make it fit, and it sounds great. Done.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/191051001535?nav=SEARCH

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
If you want to be one of the "cool kids" save up and buy a (insert high dollar exhaust here) system and be good with it, ok. If you just don't' give a shit what anybody sez and realize you're probably going to lay it down and waste your exhaust anyway, like all the racers in the '80s, then get the Danmoto. I put a DM pipe on my gf's 6R. Whatever you like will be the right thing.

·
Registered
608 Posts
If you want to be one of the "cool kids" save up and buy a (insert high dollar exhaust here) system and be good with it, ok. If you just don't' give a shit what anybody sez and realize you're probably going to lay it down and waste your exhaust anyway, like all the racers in the '80s, then get the Danmoto. I put a DM pipe on my gf's 6R. Whatever you like will be the right thing.
Always wondered about paying top dollar for an item that would be destroyed. Does Iinsurance cover these guys if it was to be trashed? Going from a vance and hines cs one to the Danmoto. ..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts