Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been some time since I have been in the non aspirated game!..Is there anything that gives a performance upgrade as well as modding to the airbox?

Thanks

H

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Factory filters offer the best job keeping shit outta your engine.

K&N is reusable and gives increased airflow at the expense of allowing slightly more junk in, and the risk of over-oiling, which has its own set of problems.

BMC is also reusable and gives the best airflow, but lets even more shit in.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

K&N is reusable and gives increased airflow at the expense of allowing slightly more junk in, and the risk of over-oiling, which has its own set of problems.

Pick your poison.

Thanks man I was just curious if everyone was running something different...Didn't want to buy an oem and then it's like I should of bought this other one!:cool:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts

Pick your poison.
well said :thumbsup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again for the input guy's...Yeah if the gain isn't enough to justify the risk...well then it's a no brainer for me!

Btw Anthony Sweet looking ride..I love the Growler!..What did you pay? Where?
Oh and I see you went the BMC route what made you lean in that direction?

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
K&N sucks, there was a study were it put out less hp than stock .5hp or some shit like that. BMC race was the overall best bet with a minor increase over stock. overall a reusable is just that, for $70 or so you never buy another one again. or just spend $30 on a new one every couple thousand miles and have it your way.
but straight up, i went with the bmc race back in the day. it felt good and i checked it every oil change and found minor bugs in there. id clean it then re-lube it with the K&N filter kit and wallah, finito, your good til another oil change or whenever you choose

·
Registered
239 Posts
BMC Race filter for me. I heard/read the same issue on the K&N filters.
Also have the Velocity stacks and just removed the secondaries today. I expect my 1/5 Rifleman early this week, cant wait to put her all back together!
snipes

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I run the K&N. I was going to run BMC, but read somewhere that the K&N has a bit better filtration compared to the BMC...and that the BMC made a little bit more power. I basically look at the K&N as a stock filter but reusable...maybe I'll pick up a BMC too.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I am using a pipercross filter now after seeing lots of grit in my old engine with a k and n.
One thing I have noticed i need a richer map with this filter and feel lots more power once map was richened.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I just take mine out and ride on ultra clean roads.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just did alot of research on this, and for the best performance gain, it is BMC. K&N is also good, but allows alot of shit to get through like the BMC.
the UNI Filter, will allow slightly more airflow than stock, and collects the most dust/dirt and anything else that your engine wants to suck in. downside, you have to clean them pretty often.

Im probably going BMC.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts