·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
604WHP Integra Type R at 2300lbs
vs
ZX10R any gen

from 40 mph to 150 mph

what you guys think, the dude is willing to put money on it too that his car will walk the kawi

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
you might want to check his dyno slips...never heard of an Integra making that much power and still be street legal

·
Registered
253 Posts
if u can find what speed that it runs in the 1/4 mile you will have a good idea if you can win. I like bike vs car races. Typically you need more towards the 700hp+ range to keep up with a liter bike but due to the lightweight car it makes a big difference. If you have confidence you can pull hard and consistantly than you will win for sure.

They way i look at it is.. That thing must be turbo and yea turbo cars are fast as all hell but he will have some lag and TIRE SPIN. You will kill him if that thing is spinning which is verrrrry likely. Plus the reliability and consistancy of a bike vs a highly modded car gives u the advantage. The littlest imperfection on a turbo car will cause it to run horribly. If he has any knock the ecu will pull timing and bye bye to his power.

If i was a spectator. id put down 100 bucks on you

·
Registered
253 Posts
you might want to check his dyno slips...never heard of an Integra making that much power and still be street legal
there are a ton around man. I know a kid who runs 9's in is turbo hatch at over 160mph. He drives it on the street. not much traction but with full slicks in the front at 6psi and bicycle tires in the back u better watch out

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
^^^yeah I know...but you said it yourself...traction!...can he use all that power he's making...my money is on the bike...i know that car should be fast but think about how fast your 10 can get to 150 from 40....

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
^^^I mean I've done some roll ons and while that care is a beast with THAT much power, can he catch a liter bike going balls out from 40 to 150...

·
Registered
451 Posts
604WHP Integra Type R at 2300lbs
vs
ZX10R any gen

from 40 mph to 150 mph

what you guys think, the dude is willing to put money on it too that his car will walk the kawi
I didn't know the Acuras were that light! Dayum.

On paper the bike still has the better power to weight, though.

·
Registered
199 Posts
You couldnt ask for a better speed range to race in. If you do everything right you should win but a 600hp car that weighs in at 2300 pounds is no joke. I say drop your bike for it so you can launch harder if money is on the line.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
i didn't know the acuras were that light! Dayum.

On paper the bike still has the better power to weight, though.

:+1:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah from what I have heard he runs about 11.4, the car is always getting worked on
I dont know if it really has that much power though

but what he is saying is he only wants to run like one gear, 3rd gear
I think from 0 to lets say 150 the Kawi should pull on him easily because of tire spin and all that

dont know guys, he says he wants some money on that, I dont really care though

anyone in Seattle wanna run the guy with a zx14 or zx10, boosted or not

·
Registered
199 Posts
I would talk him into running from 70 to 150 if possible. @ 40 your gonna have to watch the throttle at 70 or so you can lay into it hard and pull 3 or 4 lengths right off the bat. Youtube it :smile:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that is what I was saying though, i want from 40 to 150 as I wasted a Ferrari F 430 and put bus lengths on him at that speed

he was saying something like only 3rd gear pull or after 80mph or something

·
Registered
253 Posts
he can't choose what gear you are in lol. They are geared differently. Each transmission should be in whichever gear brings the vehicle to the begining of its powerband at that particular mph.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
if u can find what speed that it runs in the 1/4 mile you will have a good idea if you can win. I like bike vs car races. Typically you need more towards the 700hp+ range to keep up with a liter bike but due to the lightweight car it makes a big difference. If you have confidence you can pull hard and consistantly than you will win for sure.

They way i look at it is.. That thing must be turbo and yea turbo cars are fast as all hell but he will have some lag and TIRE SPIN. You will kill him if that thing is spinning which is verrrrry likely. Plus the reliability and consistancy of a bike vs a highly modded car gives u the advantage. The littlest imperfection on a turbo car will cause it to run horribly. If he has any knock the ecu will pull timing and bye bye to his power.

If i was a spectator. id put down 100 bucks on you
:+1::iamwithst
hell yeah, i would put 100 on you too! hey ESB, don't really mean ur stupid, fm what I'm reading sounds like u know ur shit!:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
IDK. that's pretty close I've messed with a few fast imports when I was in Cali. I believe the horspower not quite sure of the weight. That's really light almost like a CRX! I would go with the bike but its gonna be really close with a light car pushing 600 ponies.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Well on my Chevelle forum it looks like 400 Hp at the wheels gets guys 11.49's with a goog set of slicks. The cars are around 3500pds, SO if your friends car is 2300 pds with 600hp he would be running 8's. He has about 350hp in a car @ 2300pds running 11.40s. I say go the the track and run the 1/4 for best times. Do like a best of three or something because I doubt they will let you run at the same time. I know I would not want to run with a car next to me. Good luck.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
I would say the bike would win, but a lot depends on how big his mouth is and how good of a rider you are.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts