Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Team Green Baby!
2014 MV Agusta F3 675
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't normally start threads but I want to bring a fresh topic into discussion to this forum and that every member can reference to. :idea: I've searched high and dry for anything related to this topic but surprisingly found non. I might not just be searching long and hard enough. :dontknow: If there is one, I apologize in advance. :wink:

Okay, so I want to know why you fellas (and gals) :mrgreen: bought a bike or what peaked your interests in bikes.

I'll start off by making a long story short....I was bored with my life, needed a hobby plus a thrill and was tired of driving a car everyday! :lol: BTW, I'm in no way going thru a mid life crisis. :badteeth: I'm still in my 20's but not for very long. :sad:

·
Registered
335 Posts
My dad raced moto-x when he was my age, plus he had a few kawi street bikes. My uncles also ride, one of which has and '05 ZX10. Bought my first bike off of him. So I guess I just wanted to try them out.

·
Registered
844 Posts
well,my stepfather came into my life when i was 12 and he had the KAWASAKI/H2.so he got me started and i got my first bike at 14,it was a HONDA CB175.i've been ride'n every since.been ride'n KAWS since 1984.it was the kz 650-i still have it !

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
my uncle was always into technology - boosted cars (94 bubble with something like 550whp) , two porsches (911, 944), zrx 1100, dirtbikes... etc.

all this has been under my attention and some use. ive always wanted stuff like that. so i got a bike - a zx6r, and now a 10.

·
Registered
411 Posts
working in accounting/commissions full time... studying financial planning (investment planning right now) part time...

yeah... that's why I NEED a ninja. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
a buddy of mine was living in florida a while back and wanted to purchase a bike that was just down the road from me in michigan. it was a 2000 rc51, i went to the guys house to look at it and simply fell in love with it and motorcycles in general, since then its become my life, i go to bed thinking about bikes, i dream about bikes, and wake up in the morning and go stare at my bike......its ridiculous and i think i need therapy.

·
Team Green Baby!
2014 MV Agusta F3 675
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool! Keep'em coming guys!

Dunk- HAHA! :lol: I feel the same way w/ your obsession w/ bikes! Maybe not the exact same way but very close! :wink:

·
Registered
634 Posts
I grew tired of Mustangs. I refuse to ever go another day of my life w/o a bike, and I'll one day get back into the Mustang game.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
My dad had an old Honda CB500(IIRC). Used to give me rides when I was little, burned my legs on the pipes sooooo many times. I remember the oil, nuetral, and hibeam lights on the dash so distinctly. Been in my blood since. I'm passing it along to my son and keeping it alive.

·
Registered
590 Posts
My dad bought me a mini-bike when I was 8 or so, first real bike was a Kawi KV 75. Anybody remember them? Had motocross bikes till I got my first street bike - an FJ1100 Yamaha which I put about 120,000 kilometers on. Winter seems to last 8 months here and I go through withdrawals every second of it. I've had alot of bikes but this 10 is, by far, the scariest, most fun ride I've ever been on!!! I've got my GF hooked on them now so we can spend some time together. I will NEVER stop riding!

·
Registered
462 Posts
ABATE started up in my home town and it looked fun, So i went and bought my first bike, zx10r!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
im already starting my son off early, hes 4 mos and got him a whole collection of moto gp replica bikes.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
My buddy put me on a 636 one thanksgiving and have been riding ever since. That 6 treated me very well and I truely believe that bike saved me from a couple close ones. I owe alot to my buddy and that bike

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I moved to fort worth and my room mate was big into HD's and dirt bikes. That got me interested in them but was unable to afford the insurence. I had to wait til I turned 25 and took a MSC. My father had a bike here and there growing up but never really rode them. I likes them but not for more than half hour at a time.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts