Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello peeps,

So i was in the process of buying zx14 calipers for my 07 10r. however, when i held them in my hand i saw that each zx14 caliper uses 4 ads (yes 4, 8 total). i also noticed that my 10r uses 4 pads per caliper!! So WTF is the difference between the two? Why is the 14r better? Better pistons??

·
Registered
523 Posts
Put them on your 2nd Gen then feel the difference then you wont be asking what the difference is you will notice heaps of difference :lol:

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
The 10r calipers fade big time when heated up, something about trapping air. The 14's do not. It's a wonderful mod if you ride more than to the local bike night and back. Well worth the money!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Gen 3 has great calipers and I still changed them for the 14's. The feel is different and won't fade.

·
R.I.P. REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
All ZX-14 calipers are the same.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I read that the Nissins use steel vs. aluminum pistons (or the other way around) of the Tockicos. So that in some way affects how quickly heat is transferred to the fluid to boil it = fade.

I also know that there are only two brake suppliers to MotoGP bikes. Brembo and Nissin.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
The 10r calipers fade big time when heated up, something about trapping air. The 14's do not. It's a wonderful mod if you ride more than to the local bike night and back. Well worth the money!
simply said :+1:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts