Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

So what exhaust is this?

4K views 30 replies 24 participants last post by  destroyerbmx 
#1 ·
Yes I know its a race bike, but Im wondering if we can buy it somewhere? Its pretty sweet! Cleanest pipe I have seen on an new 10r!!! I bet its loud as hell though!!! :badteeth:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm guessing it's a roaring toys megaphone

#12 ·
Haha! Not race BIKE, I meant race exhaust! As in NOT street legal!!! It would be the first race bike with stock plastics and a plate mount!!! I think it looks clean though! Deffinatly NOT either of the exhausts mentioned? I wonder who makes it????

#18 ·
I like it. Its really clean looking (the exhaust on the 10 not the dirty old man as seen above). However, I'm willing to bet it sounds like total shit and 20 mins into a ride you would want the stocker back on.

#22 ·
Last time i saw a bike out fitted like this was an 06-07 (seen below) and a few people speculated that RaceFit did a "one-Off" type of job for it... Maybe the same goes for that 3rd gen?:badteeth:

Attachments

#25 ·
Not true, I have a Area P megaphone on my bike, stock tune, no loss of power whatsoever, but loss of heaing for everyone I pass :)

Now replacing the whole system and losing the cat is where you run into loss of power problems, that is my experience, Im sure some expert on here will say I am wrong

#26 ·
Yea I dig it! Not everyones taste though. I had a graves low mount full system on my last bike an it looked great! Loud as hell though!! And I would tune ANY exhaust shorter than stock! My Akra slip on and link pipe doesnt NEED a tune, (I got FAR more mid TQ after the link pipe!)but Im sure it would be even better with one! I just love the minimal pipe look. Although over 4k my last bike was STUPID loud!

#27 ·
Interesting comments...

I have the Hotbodies Slashcut Megaphone - piece of tubular metal in black. It has absolutely no "exhaust" qualities, but I must say, I was looking to make my bike LOUD - simply because no cager is going to say they "didn't" know I was there...and two, because I didn't want a big 'ol exhaust hanging off my passenger footpeg strut - which are gone now.

I love the look...I absolutely love the sound - very deep and low GROWL! and as far as loss of power, methinks NOT! If anything, my 10 feels a bit more powerful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.