Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw in the kit manual there are two different methods for adjusting the stock slipper, what seems to be the better option? spring plate? adjusting stock setup w/ stack height?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it's easier/cheaper to just remove one of the spring plates. I didn't have a problem with mine stock but I've pulled one of the springs to see what it's like.
which do they want you to pull? the spring or the flat? I found it to be a tad bit tight but not horrible, i could prob live with it, but if i can change a couple things out i'm all for it

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're labelled as "torque limiter springs" in the manual.
oh you mean the 3 fingered springs behind the clutch basket, got it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I bought a "DP" clutch kit from Riders Discount.
It comes with friction plates which are direct replacements for the factory plates. It also comes with a set of stronger clutch springs.
The amount of extra force required to pull in the lever is noticeable but not too much more than stock, having said that i wouldn't want to use shorty levers with it.
Only negative i can think of is if i leave the bike without starting it for a week or so i need to pump the clutch a few times before dropping it into gear or it will take off a few steps worth even with the lever in all the way. I assume this is because oil hasn't had a chance to get between the plates. (i did soak them for a week prior to install in mineral oil)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts