Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ok,..........I am running a scorpio alarm,...NOS,.and now HID's!!

Is there a better battery than stock?.......Does OPTIMA make anything for our bikes?..........I have the ;) 05 1st gen........battery doesn't seem to be holding a charge for more than a week or so now,..so I am looking to see if there are any "TOP SHELF" aftermarket battery to upgrade or mod by buying the best badass battery I can buy.....anybody know?........or heard?:dontknow:

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL.yeah I know, I have been meaning to,......prob will at the end of the season so I can plug it up over winter!...........but I was still wondering if there is an upgrade type batt?....I have an optima in my truck,........it seems to still be strong as hell,.and I run all kind of power drains on it!.............even with just a stock alternator!. bought it 3.5 years ago!

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Speed Cell huh?....I'll check it out,.thanks guys!.......I will get a tender with it also......so I don't allow this one to drain at all.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Yeah man a Tender is the way to go...you can get them really cheap and whenever you're not on the bike just plug it in and forget about it

·
Registered
451 Posts
I recently put in an Odyssey battery in another one of my bikes. It has a 13:1 compression on a 1157cc bike. Turns it over no problems every time.

I even hooked it up to my SUV when I left the keys in overnight and jumped it. :mrgreen:

Problem is finding one of the right size for the zx-10r. I can take a look on my '04...

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that would be cool!.thanks....let me know model number or something if ya can!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Batteries plus and Lowes..

I went to Batteries plus and bought one of their gel batteries for $65.
Same size as the Yuasa battery that came out of it,for an 06.
Bought a battery tender also at Lowes,for $20,it has a 1 amp cycle and a 2 amp cycle.With float mode on it.
I also have a Scorpio alarm on mine,and plug it in after every ride after it cools down.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
I think the stock batt should do the job.
Maybe your batt is simply aint holding the charge.
Have it load tested by your local Kragens or Autozone.

and :+1: on the tender

1 - 13 of 13 Posts