Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Dan Kyle, after having ahead shake at high speeds I am done messing with the worthless valving on the stock damper.

I cant wait to get it back next week, too bad the weather will be in the crapper by then and I wont be able to ride. It is alright I rode in today, just didnt have the damper on it. Had to get one of my last of the year fixes.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
By Dan Kyle, after having ahead shake at high speeds I am done messing with the worthless valving on the stock damper.

I cant wait to get it back next week, too bad the weather will be in the crapper by then and I wont be able to ride. It is alright I rode in today, just didnt have the damper on it. Had to get one of my last of the year fixes.
Whats the price on him doing that? my 2011 needs to be a bit stiffer...

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
I had ime done by Lako Performance 3 monyha ago for $125 SHIPPED both ways. Best $ spent, the new internals really make a huge difference. Future rebuilds are half price if ever needed.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
hhhmmmm..seems to me the damper fix is a bandage to a bigger prob...Mind you i got 2500 kms on mine and no probs yet..

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hhhmmmm..seems to me the damper fix is a bandage to a bigger prob...Mind you i got 2500 kms on mine and no probs yet..
Care to explaint or expound on this some?

This is not my first bike (actually my 5th) nor is it my first liter bike. I have drag raced and played around on the road racing track as well so I am familar with riding bike in any form from putting around to pushing it around a track.

My last bike was a 2005 ZX10r so I am very familiar with short wheelbase high horse power bikes and that bike was sketchy as well until I put a damper on it. While Kawasaki was thinking of the right thing, putting to soft a damper to avoid lawsuits was not the right thing in my book.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
You wil love the damper when you get t back from him. He also is quite fast in terms of labor he typically is done in one day....

·
Registered
469 Posts
people say dampers bandaid bad suspension setup and what not, stock damper is garbage (untill reworked). every liter bike will slap because the front wheel is lightly skimming the road under hard acceleration which causes the tire to take directions...

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Not true at all...

If that were the case no bike would have dampeners at all.

The most expensive bikes in the world have dampeners on them.

I will send mine to Dan Kyle to redo my dampener next year too :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I got the damper back today and 10 minutes later it is back on the bike. To bad the weather is freaking 36*° right now and I cant test it. Does seem alot more like it should of have been from the factory now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts