Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Friday evening I spent several hours reading some ride blogs from my area and found a ride that I thought would tickle my fancy. So Saturday comes I wake up early and get ready for the day and all that fun stuff. Starting getting my gear ready and this girl I have been umm "hanging out" with calls me and has a flat tire, so I have to go take care of that.

I don't get out on the bike until the afternoon and there was a lot of cars on the road but it was still an awesome ride just couldn't really get my lean on. My only plans for Sunday were football so I decided to head out at 7:30 or 8 and beat Sunday traffic. I get off the highway and get to the area where the ride really starts a pretty high dollar area. I am riding along and feeling pretty good, finally got my new tires broken in and was no longer nervous about leaning low with them.

Get into the back roads about maybe 10-20 miles and this nice ass GT2 comes hauling ass up on me. At first I didn't think much of it. I was sort of dillydallying and didn't pay much mind to it until he HAULS ASS past me. I kick it down and get back behind him. We get into a real twisty section and I am having a real hard time keeping up with him. He was GOOD. Get out of the real twisty section into more of a sweeping area and I get out in front of him put some car lengths on him. We get into another twisty section and the bike and I were really in sync at this point and I manage to keep a good lead on him. This goes on for around 20-30ish miles. It was the most fun I have had for a long time. The whole area was real wide open and you could see all the way through every single turn and there was NO cars on the road. We pull off and chat a bit. Apparently the car has a lot of weight reduction, motor work, brakes, and basically full suspension. It was a beautiful ass car. Apparently he had a GT3 as well and a few bikes. Must be nice. We both went along our merry ways and I had a much more chill 100 or so miles and got home and got my football on. Sorry I ranted I am hyper and just out of the gym. All events took place in Mexico.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Sounds like fun and you had a safe ride. Any pictures?
:+1:....sounds like good times man!!!:mrgreen:..pics/vids? we like em pictures AND videos dammit! kinda like "proof":lol:

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
I'll do it...........
DUMBASS!
So, what gear were you wearing? "

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately no pics or vids. Didn't plan on this happening. I planned on some "spirited" riding so I was in full leathers with back, chest, and thigh/hip/butt armor.

·
11,423 Posts
I'll do it...........
DUMBASS!
So, what gear were you wearing? "
YUP, seen that one coming!!!!!!:helmet::+1:

Unfortunately no pics or vids. Didn't plan on this happening. I planned on some "spirited" riding so I was in full leathers with back, chest, and thigh/hip/butt armor.
:clap:......:ayyy:......good to hear man, no one tries to be an ass on here about gear, i think we just wanna make sure you (WE) all stay alive as long as possible and not another statistic, too many damn sunglass n flipflop sporting fuggers on the road as it is...let's NOT boost those numbers!!!:lol:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

:clap:......:ayyy:......good to hear man, no one tries to be an ass on here about gear, i think we just wanna make sure you (WE) all stay alive as long as possible and not another statistic, too many damn sunglass n flipflop sporting fuggers on the road as it is...let's NOT boost those numbers!!!:lol:
No I hear you. I am a pretty strong advocate of no gear no ride. I had a friend who just went down a few weeks ago and has road rash all over his body. He always made fun of me for riding in full gear. I said sooner or later, you'll see. He even had to get a skin graph. There certainly are way to many dudes in flip flops, shorts, and a full face. At least there dome is semi protected.

·
Registered
20 Posts

I concur, I wait for those people to crash. We had a couple riders die out here in vegas because the old people driving their cars went the wrong way on the road and one of them went the wrong way by turning onto an exit ramp instead of the on ramp to get on the highway

·
11,423 Posts
No I hear you. I am a pretty strong advocate of no gear no ride. I had a friend who just went down a few weeks ago and has road rash all over his body. He always made fun of me for riding in full gear. I said sooner or later, you'll see. He even had to get a skin graph. There certainly are way to many dudes in flip flops, shorts, and a full face. At least there dome is semi protected.
As i've heard and seen on here several times.....
"It's better to sweat than bleed....dress for the slide and not the ride"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts