Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

So is Lorenzo going back to Dianese for 2013?

2K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  PJD 
#1 ·
#10 ·
I don't see why they couldn't use a different brand... the leather manufacturer sponsors the rider independently of the bike they ride, correct? Even then, Lorenzo and Rossi would have similar schemes to match the bike livery, but their leathers will never be the same from an appearance stance... no sense in forcing them to use the same brand.

#11 ·
:+1: I have not personally looked at the regulations although Im sure they dictate that certain series sponsers may need to be on the leathers but my guess is the rider ultimately chooses his own gear. Maybe based on what he deems to be safest, most comfortable or just who pays him the most to wear their brand. Every set for them is custom so its not like they have to shuffle through different brands to see what off the shelf line fits them best.

#14 ·
Expect Lorenzo to be wearing Alpinestar Still, LORENZO dropped dainese after he won the 2010 title and felt he was not promoted by his sponsor if that makes sense?

Also a TEAM does have an impact on what you can have, on your leathers for personal sponsors. Monster is the new team sponsor for the factory team, and Lorenzo was sponsored by ROCKSTAR... But there is conflict right there, and the quick version a clause in his contract with rockstar allowed yamaha to buy him out of it, so he will be wearing MONSTER as well.

#22 ·
I like HJC

They fir me really good.
They also already have Spies using it.

X-lite probably couldnt afford keeping Lorenzo. Specially since they dont sell much, if any, on the US which is probably the biggest helmet market in the world.

#23 ·
More importantly what flavor Chupa Chup will he be sucking on this year?
If had had to lay money down i'd say it would be penis flavor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.