Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys not sure if you remember my last topic i made, about my clutch acting up. So i took apart the beast tonight to find some weird issues with the plates. I cant really tell if fiber plates are bad, i really have no idea what to look for. However, the steel plats have some rust imbedded in them pretty good. On a few steel plates, there are like 3 or 4 teeth i can see some rust building up on and actually breaking down the teeth themselves. I tried to take a picture of it but you might be able to see what im talking about....
The last plate i pulled out, was turning blueish. You can tell what color its supposed to be on the inside of the plate, on the actually friction part itself i guess it got so how it started to change color, hence the discoloration. Does this look like the stock clutch?

·
Registered
819 Posts
You can clean them:thumbsup: or you can buy a whole new pack,,,,,, if you go with a whole new pack get oem,,,,, oem stuff is better than aftermarket

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
like just a fine sanding? also i kinda screwed up because i dont remember how the plates go back on? any luck on that also?

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
nobody here likes the barnett kevlar kits?.I want to upgrade to a really good clutch pak!....stock?.......if I was to go aftermarket what would be the best?.....money is no matter!!............

·
Registered
819 Posts
OEM is the only way to go man,, they hold up better than anything,, thats sad to say but they do.. You can take some fine steel wool and go over the steels till they shine like new again,,,, and then soak your fibers in fresh oil overnight,,, arrange you steels and fibers so that your last piece is a fiber,,,,, throw it back together and let her eat. It should be like new....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Use a fine grit sand paper to make them like new. As for the double thick plate, "don't know what it's called" you could probably do the same but I know that Kawi offers a better one through the race manual. Also I agree stick with stock clutches both fibers and steels. And unless your ona tight budget I'd just buy all new steels and fibers. It's just one less thing to worry about that way.

·
Registered
858 Posts
If you search "manual" you will find electronic versions of the service manual for the 04-05. The stock along with the race manual have diagrams that show the clutch pack assembly and how they go together

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
http://216.37.204.206/wps/Kawasaki_OEM/KawasakiMC.asp?Type=13&A=18&B=6

I think this is what you guys are talking about, which this is confusing to me, it only shows half of the plates and fibers. Also it shows a fiber plate right directly behind the last double thick steel plate? i can't remember if thats right. I know that the notches that stick out have to be aligned right and this is just showing them all in the same order? if you guys can imagine what im talking about haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts