Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 ZX-10R and installed a M4GP exhaust looked and sounded bad ass at the time untill i noticed how i didnt feel the same as when i had my stock exhaust on (power wise) so i started looking around for more power to get outta of an exhaust. I stumbled across M4s web page claiming that i gained around 6 HP and a lil torque. Can this be true I could see how i have no back pressure being how i removed my boombox.....is it really worth the 1600 bone to spend on the Akro? will i really notice the power differance

heres the link to m4
http://www.m4exhaust.com/products/flash/M4_Exhaust.html

Richard

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
When I did a lor slip-on and boombox removal I would guess I gained 1-3 hp and lost at least 10ft/lbs on the low end. It went through the RPMs faster and I had popping on decel between 2.5k - 4k. Now with a full system and a PCV w/ autotune, I feel I have got some of my low end power back and a nice linear power curve feeling (and no more popping on decel). I paid like $1,100.00 and spent aggravating hours in the garage pulling the plastics off to get to the header pipes. My LeoVince system did not come with header gaskets so I did have to drive out of town to find 4 new crush gaskets. Is it worth it for a person not racing for a living to spend a load of money on a full system? I say yes. After experiencing a full system I will never do a slip-on again. It will make you say, "Now this is how the freaking bike should of run from the factory". I also am hitting 40-42 mpg on the highway with a moderate amount of fun. I am getting a solid 36mpg with city riding with medium to hard acceleration. Before I was getting 32mpg city and 36mpg highway. Will the power gain be so overwhelming with a full system? no but smooth power delivery will IMO. Even if you didn't gain HP and torque the weight savings could also justify the full system.

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
Well this bike has more than enough power for me, enough to have fun and use what i can. When i got my growler i wasnt lookin for power like i did with my full akra on my 05. Once i get a good tune ill have it running nice and smooth and maybe get more power as a plus. I say no but many others would disagree and want as much power as possible. The power on the 08 is smooth but still a screamer i'm very happy. Everybody's diferent.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yeah more power is always great and if ya plan on keeping the bike for a decent amount of time , and have the money for a full system and tune then go for it get all the power you can get LOL .. If i had the money I think id get a full system not to sure which one maybe arata or the LEO ?? but it would be titanium thats for sure...

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
m4 you lose about 3-5hp over the stock can with out correct mapping and a tune. That was my first pipe for my bike and vs. my stock can I lost 2.7 hp and 3ft/lbs when it was put on the dyno, after getting it tuned I only gained 2hp over the stock can and 1ft/lbs which is NO where near 6hp, thats a freaking joke on the m4 website...Maybe thats with a power commander ect and a tune!!! But not just strap on and ride..

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Is it worth it for a person not racing for a living to spend a load of money on a full system? I say yes. After experiencing a full system I will never do a slip-on again. It will make you say, "Now this is how the freaking bike should of run from the factory". Will the power gain be so overwhelming with a full system? no but smooth power delivery will IMO. Even if you didn't gain HP and torque the weight savings could also justify the full system.
:+1:

m4 you lose about 3-5hp over the stock can with out correct mapping and a tune. That was my first pipe for my bike and vs. my stock can I lost 2.7 hp and 3ft/lbs when it was put on the dyno, after getting it tuned I only gained 2hp over the stock can and 1ft/lbs which is NO where near 6hp, thats a freaking joke on the m4 website...Maybe thats with a power commander ect and a tune!!! But not just strap on and ride..
:+1: My buddy with an m4 rode my bike with a full akra. HE said there is no comparison from low until up. Even stock bikes get the jump at him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts