Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents my boy and fellow forum member ZX104me just called me from the hospital. Lady pulled out in front of him today at the Shell gas off Azusa. he said he was doing 40mph and after impact rolled and tumbled. He's ok but major bumps and bruises. Nothing broke on him, but he says bike looks totalled 1st gen Ti. Any of you guys ever deal with a Lawyer in Southern California please chime in. I would appreciate it and so would ZX10me.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
sorry i cant help, but good luck with the search.... pass the word we hope he heals fast.... keep us posted

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Okay... maybe I’m just the odd man out here but 1st I’m glad he’s ok! But why the hell would you lawyer up? It was an accident and I’m sure the lady was not trying to hurt your son! This shit just pisses me off! Look what this fucking country is coming to! Kinda sad man! God I hope you never have an accident and some asshole comes after your trying to ruin your life! You son rides bikes, it’s a dangers sport I have lost 2 friends in the last 2 years from street riding and non of there families even thought about suing! Please get the $ sings out of your eyes and go give your son a hug and be thankful he is still alive! And yes I know this may come across as being an asshole but if that’s what it take so be it!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Okay... maybe I’m just the odd man out here but 1st I’m glad he’s ok! But why the hell would you lawyer up? It was an accident and I’m sure the lady was not trying to hurt your son! This shit just pisses me off! Look what this fucking country is coming to! Kinda sad man! God I hope you never have an accident and some asshole comes after your trying to ruin your life! You son rides bikes, it’s a dangers sport I have lost 2 friends in the last 2 years from street riding and non of there families even thought about suing! Please get the $ sings out of your eyes and go give your son a hug and be thankful he is still alive! And yes I know this may come across as being an asshole but if that’s what it take so be it!
Perhaps JBL didn't give enough facts before posting this... but as a fellow biker, perhaps you should give him the benefit of the doubt. I was hit once by a car, and the driver (whom was at fault) showed the responding officers proof of insurance.. which turned out to be cancelled long prior. (False evidence of insur.) I ended up losing the bike (totalled), paying the difference of the balance owed (due to depreciation and no GAP insur) and getting a collection notice from Honda USA for a balance not payed in a timely manner (due to incompetant lawyers working on a contingency-fee basis only).

Therefore, cut him some slack for trying to assist another rider. And BTW, his term "my boy" probably meant friend; not son. I've ridden with him and a local friend, so I'm not sure his friend is related.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Perhaps JBL didn't give enough facts before posting this... but as a fellow biker, perhaps you should give him the benefit of the doubt. I was hit once by a car, and the driver (whom was at fault) showed the responding officers proof of insurance.. which turned out to be cancelled long prior. (False evidence of insur.) I ended up losing the bike (totalled), paying the difference of the balance owed (due to depreciation and no GAP insur) and getting a collection notice from Honda USA for a balance not payed in a timely manner (due to incompetant lawyers working on a contingency-fee basis only).

Therefore, cut him some slack for trying to assist another rider. And BTW, his term "my boy" probably meant friend; not son. I've ridden with him and a local friend, so I'm not sure his friend is related.
Look man I'm not the guy on this board that just goes off and starts slamming people But this sounds to me like "quick buck time!" and if that’s not the case I would owe him an apology! but from the sound of it is just that! hey bro you got hit you can make some loot if you sue! I hate to see people hurt but to see people take advantage is even more fucked up! I'm sure the chick feels bad as hell!

2 years ago I lost a very good friend of mine Aaron, he was riding down the street at 45mph and a 16yo kid pulled out in front of him, the bike flipped over the car and landed on Aarons heads {he was wearing a lid} he was in a coma for 6 days and passed. we were all pissed off at the 16 yo kid HOW COULD YOU TAKE MY FRIEND FROM ME! We wanted to fuck him up! Until we saw him at the funeral crying so hard he could barely walk! And we saw Aarons Mom go over and hug the kid till he stopped crying! We at that moment knew it was a accident! And this kid was as sad ...if not more distort then we where! he had killed my friend! so my point is the bike is just $$$$ if she has ins let them pay for the bike the hospital and all the rest of the BS and be thankfull your friend is still alive!

·
Registered
447 Posts
I am torn, if I have someone crash me, it pretty much depends on their attitude after said accident. If they are trying to help me and stuff, I am not going to sue their pants off, but if they try to pin it on me and show a lack of integrity, those pants are mine.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
.. But this sounds to me like "quick buck time!" and if that’s not the case I would owe him an apology!
All I'm saying is, don't jump to conclusions. If you aren't sure of the facts, then ask first, BEFORE you make some accusations. You WEREN'T there, you DON'T know all of the facts...

·
Registered
540 Posts
I hear John Bisnar is a good one and you dont pay if you dont get any money. 866-900-8989. They have locations in Newport Beach and Los Angeles. Havent ever had to use them but Ive talked to people who have.

Oh and by the way anyone judging this guy needs to keep their comments to themselves. We dont know the facts so we can assume shit all day long but in the end we dont know. He just came here to ask if we knew a lawyer and as a fellow biker and zx-10r forum member we should want to help not judge.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
All I'm saying is, don't jump to conclusions. If you aren't sure of the facts, then ask first, BEFORE you make some accusations. You WEREN'T there, you DON'T know all of the facts...
Or maybe all the facts should have been posted by the poster who was asking the question?! i.e i'm looking for a lawyer because my friend was in an accident with a non insured driver or my friend is looking for a lawyer because he was hit by a drunk driving! OR OR OR THIS WAY we would know what kind of lawyer he was looking for and may be able to point him in the correct direction! he posted the original post so as I see it burden of proof is on him ....not me! :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
463 Posts
Look man I'm not the guy on this board that just goes off and starts slamming people But this sounds to me like "quick buck time!" and if that’s not the case I would owe him an apology! but from the sound of it is just that! hey bro you got hit you can make some loot if you sue! I hate to see people hurt but to see people take advantage is even more fucked up! I'm sure the chick feels bad as hell!

2 years ago I lost a very good friend of mine Aaron, he was riding down the street at 45mph and a 16yo kid pulled out in front of him, the bike flipped over the car and landed on Aarons heads {he was wearing a lid} he was in a coma for 6 days and passed. we were all pissed off at the 16 yo kid HOW COULD YOU TAKE MY FRIEND FROM ME! We wanted to fuck him up! Until we saw him at the funeral crying so hard he could barely walk! And we saw Aarons Mom go over and hug the kid till he stopped crying! We at that moment knew it was a accident! And this kid was as sad ...if not more distort then we where! he had killed my friend! so my point is the bike is just $$$$ if she has ins let them pay for the bike the hospital and all the rest of the BS and be thankfull your friend is still alive!
very sad to hear about your friend - also it's an interesting perspective we often don't think about - since we often think if the cager doesn't do jail time they get off scott free - I bet that kid thinks about Aaron until the day he dies.

back on topic - if you were to get a lawyer the money is in the loss - what did your son lose? the bike - that's a given - medical bills and loss of work - ok. but I doubt you're gonna get much more since the bodily injury doesn't amount to much except bumps and bruises. If, heaven forbid, your son lost an eye or limb - there's loss that can be tied to $$. emotional pain and suffering - good luck with that one.

true story - my gf was walking across the street in LA in a cross walk and some old guy ran into her at 25 mph. She flew over the hood and had shoulder and leg damage. she was taken in ambulance to the ER - after therapy she could walk and move her arm but she needed lots of physical therapy and numerous doctor visits. In the end after medical bills she didn't get much.

and guess what? She's an attorney.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I hope you boy heals up quick and sorts out this mess. GL

·
Registered
289 Posts

Sorry I have to :+1: this. Same shit happened to me. Got hit, wasn't my fault, faked insurance, even better his insurance wasn't just cancelled but he was BANNED from being registered with that insurance company (FOR PRIOR CONVICTIONS OF SHITTY DRIVING), and still faked the damn card.

Hopefully you don't get even more screwed, like I did. I ended up hiring a lawyer, and it turns out the dumb ass is a 40 year old virgin living at home with his mother and has no job, no car (it was his mom's), and no possessions. The lawyer couldn't even seize assets to pay for medical bills, the car, anything.

So on top of getting absolutely no money from the idiot who knowingly went out and drove on a night pouring rain at 11:00 PM with somebody else car, without insurance, and was 100% in the wrong..

He wasn't covered. So even the insurance wouldn't help. And then to make it even better, he COULDN'T help [and was an asshole about the entire ''accident''.]

Left with no car, lawyer payments, hospital payments, car payments, impound payments (for my own damn car, that was totaled), wasted gas, time, and a whole bunch of other bullshit.

It doesn't even make sense to purchase insurance if you don't own anything valuable, or don't purchase full coverage, because you can get away with whatever the hell you want for being a poor inconsiderate asshole. :2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents:

Edit : get a jewish lawyer. :headshake

·
Registered
361 Posts
My Brother

Gents my boy and fellow forum member ZX104me just called me from the hospital. Lady pulled out in front of him today at the Shell gas off Azusa. he said he was doing 40mph and after impact rolled and tumbled. He's ok but major bumps and bruises. Nothing broke on him, but he says bike looks totalled 1st gen Ti. Any of you guys ever deal with a Lawyer in Southern California please chime in. I would appreciate it and so would ZX10me.
My Older Brother is an Attorney in SoCal, He doesnt necessarily do Personal Injury but I am sure he knows of some good and trustworthy, save the wise cracks about using trustworthy and lawyer in the same sentence. My brother specializes in defending the rights and property of people with disabilities, he is actually a good lawyer, he does estates, trusts wills etc.. He wont associate with underhanded or unscrupulous sorts and could probably point you in a good direction. I had a shitty lawery defend me in a case that 100% the other persons fault in a head on collision involving my wife and kids and I still had to come out of pocket over 4 grand after the settlement was given in our favor.

Having a lawyer is not about making money, fuck its about protecting yourself from gettng taken to the cleaners your self and at the very least being made whole. The asshole I had still collected his fees even though I didnt even get enough to cover all the expenses incurred from an accident that was 100 percent the other persons fault. A woman made a left on a green from the opposite direction and pulled in the front of my wife who was passing through the intersection.

email me and i will forward you his contact info [email protected]

·
Registered
411 Posts
My Older Brother is an Attorney in SoCal, He doesnt necessarily do Personal Injury but I am sure he knows of some good and trustworthy, save the wise cracks about using trustworthy and lawyer in the same sentence. My brother specializes in defending the rights and property of people with disabilities, he is actually a good lawyer, he does estates, trusts wills etc.. He wont associate with underhanded or unscrupulous sorts and could probably point you in a good direction. I had a shitty lawery defend me in a case that 100% the other persons fault in a head on collision involving my wife and kids and I still had to come out of pocket over 4 grand after the settlement was given in our favor.

Having a lawyer is not about making money, fuck its about protecting yourself from gettng taken to the cleaners your self and at the very least being made whole. The asshole I had still collected his fees even though I didnt even get enough to cover all the expenses incurred from an accident that was 100 percent the other persons fault. A woman made a left on a green from the opposite direction and pulled in the front of my wife who was passing through the intersection.

email me and i will forward you his contact info [email protected]
hahaha - you should've sued the lawyer... doesn't sound like he would've won! :thumbsup:

sorry about your loss though :sad:

·
Registered
361 Posts
whos the asshole?

In all fairness zx10 racer THAT WAS AN ASSHOLE COMMENT FROM YOU, if thier insurance company has a team of lawyers who are going to do EVERYTHING possible to show the kid on the bike was negligent and wreckless and try to make it appear that his actions alone were the major factor in the incident, then Why the fuck shouldnt the kid have lawyers to defend him? and his rights? and his financial well being? common mother fucking sense! by default his insurance company is going to get involved to make sure that they dont have to absorb the claim, if it was the cars fault then the cars insurance should pay out to cover the medical, lost wages and damage to his property end of story, this isnt about making money. To go through subrogation to get money back after the fact you may as well kiss your bike and your bank account goodbye cause when the hospital bills come in your own health insurance company is going to want to know who is covering the costs, your own insurace company will not absorb that shit, especially if it was not your fault, and to add insult to injury then your rates will skyrocket, Its a lose lose lose situation. He wont even get the money the bike is worth and at that he wont get anything for years and when shit hits collections his credit will aslo take a hit. You spoke out of pure ignorance, You my friend must have never been involved in a serious enough accident to see first hand how fucked up and tangled this shit gets, but if my comments to you make me look like an asshole then so be it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Jbl-91762 If you want i know a lawyer in Los Angeles and he knows his job. His office is in Beverly Hills in Los Angeles. There are about 30 other people who work with him. If you are interested email me and i will send you his office phone number and his name. I am sorry to hear another accident. Always Be carefull when you ride/drive and pay attention to your surroundings. I love you everybody!
ShervinRRR

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Or maybe all the facts should have been posted by the poster who was asking the question?! i.e i'm looking for a lawyer because my friend was in an accident with a non insured driver or my friend is looking for a lawyer because he was hit by a drunk driving! OR OR OR THIS WAY we would know what kind of lawyer he was looking for and may be able to point him in the correct direction! he posted the original post so as I see it burden of proof is on him ....not me! :eek:ccasion1
He requested help from anyone who knew a lawyer. You are obviously not a lawyer, and obviously not contributing anything to his post. Therefore, your initial reply was unconstructive as were your replies to mine.

There is no burden of proof for JBL to have to provide. He's doing a favor for a friend. Quit being the defensive fool and get the facts first, plain and simple.

·
Registered
361 Posts
protect yourself

hahaha - you should've sued the lawyer... doesn't sound like he would've won! :thumbsup:

sorry about your loss though :sad:
speaking from personal experience I got fucked and I HAD A LAWYER, I would have been manhandled and raped with out them though. what a mess, but to not get one, is like showing up to a gun fight with a pocket knife. This is about bottom line dollars and cents and with all due respect I know enough to know that I dont know shit about the process to defend myself in a cour of law but I do know that if something like this does happen again that I will put in place a clause that the lawyers ability to collect his fees will be representative by the outcome of my case, if i get 75% of my claim he gets 75% of his fees, less than half gets you 0% if I make money you get a larger %. I ripped my lawyer a new asshole after that shit settled, I told him the fuck off on the phone and asked him to cough up the difference and said he should not be entitled to collect his fees if I didnt even break even. It was a series of bad steps on the lawyers parts and my case was not treated with a huge sense of urgency because it was less than 20 grand, why give me good service when he has multi million dollar settlements to tend to according to them. I told him 20 grand is as relevant and serious to me as 200 thousand is to him. So even someone who defends you needs to be kept honest. Too bad my brother and his network of lawyers are in socal and im stuck in chicago.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts