Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved to Denver a month ago from south Florida. I was excited about the mountain roads. They are useless with that white crap on them. Anyone else live in this mile high snow covered ghetto?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
i was stationed in cheyenne when i got my first street bike.... long fuggin winters, short summers...used to head down to denver occasionally, nice town...once i got out of the military, i high-tailed it back to cali....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn, afterburner! I won't complain anymore. That is some snow! I hope you have a snowmobile too!

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
That would be bad to get a snowmobile and use those parked cars for jumps!

:badteeth:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
windsor said:
They would probably say "stop jumpin my damn minivan!" LOL
Burner call me up next time snow like thats commin and well tear the parking lot up! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
12 Posts
snow covered ghetto?

that is a little harsh. 300 days + of sunshine a year ain't so bad and more twisties than you can shake all the sticks at.

Itll be gone by Wednesday and it'll be in the 70s and I'll be back on the bike. It doesn't look like they sanded up here so the roads will be good.

Where are you?

I am up in Idaho Springs. Lemme know, I am always up for a ride. Well, cept for today.

:wink:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I lived In CO for a while, much better weather than NY. No humidity, lot less snow in Colorado Springs, no rain... I did get snowed on a few times while riding in NW Colorado, but it comes w/ the territory.... still kicking myself for moving back..

how can u bash CO? FL is a shitty swamp ;)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I know i have been in Idaho Springs, just cant remember its location to Denver or the Springs, but If i ever move back, im living in the mountains someplace... i hate city traffic and everything else associated w/ large cities...

·
Registered
12 Posts
just west of Denver, right on I70.. 30 minutes to skiing, 30 minutes to downtown.

I moved out from Iowa, I came out on spring break and there was a big nasty storm in IA, windchill of -70. It was 72 in Boulder. 142 degrees warmer here. I went back, got my shit and moved the next week. Tough to beat.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
:bs: I've been riding in northern wyoming for over 15 years and it isn't that bad.It sucks that one day it's inthe 60's and I go to Billings MT and come back the next day and it's 30-40 degrees and lite snow wet roads.But it wasn't too bad with my snowmobile pants,sweatshirt,rinding jacket with liner,neck sock,thinsulate gloves and leather gloves.100 plus miles away.Just makes for a good story to tell.Plus I bought my 10 to ride not sit in the garage when it starts getting cold.I ride to work everyday as much as I can and the only thing that stops me is sticking snow.Ride baby ride. :eek:ccasion1

1 - 20 of 25 Posts